Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I removed seatbelt sensor & test drove it but didn't know about warmup before being able to go fast.....just purchased Saturday afternoon. ....I'm gonna try it again tomorrow. ....thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
if its warm and cutting out i would put the seatbelt back to how it was and try it again, just to rule that out as the problem.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,113 Posts
My Wolverine is fine...Just wasn't warm yet...runs fine with seatbelt sensor removed....Woo Hoo!
Excellent, I presume Yamaha decided to implement this on that engine to keep those people who only drive pedal to the metal taking off hard after starting it up. It takes time to really warm up even mine. I believe someone said there is built in temp gauge as well. So having it on to display temp as a default will inform you what temp its at.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
881 Posts
It is a T10 Torx bit
15612425046883745385374361522289_1561242537861.jpg

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just removed the sensor and thought I'd add a few pictures for anyone interested.

Remove buckle cover then remove magnetic sensor from back side cover.
This worked for me, did this tonight!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry in advance for a double post as i joined and started a thread as i couldnt find this exact post once i joined. my 2020 X2 sealtbelt light wont go off all of a sudden "while belted in" after removing the plastic cover i noticed " no screws" like in your pictures to remove the metal plate exposing the magnet. For the life of me i cant figure out how to remove and access the magnet to remove? Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
15 Posts
EXCELLENT PICTURES
THANKS WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gary

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
I just fasten mine together behind my back cop style. No mods. No alarms. Good to go.
I did that but then when I want to wear the seatbelt it's a pain.

·
Registered
2018 Wolverine X4
1 Posts
Wolvymanx4, Do you by chance have the part number for your seatbelt bypass, I can’t seem to find it. I don’t mind putting the jumper in but I don’t like to splice if I don’t have to. “BUT I WILL IF I HAVE TO.”

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why use the bypass plug when it looks like all it does is connect the two wires so they are always connected. Couldn't you just cut the wires and connect them with a butt connector.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
I just open up the belt and pull out the other non wired half of the magnet, done, and free.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry in advance for a double post as i joined and started a thread as i couldnt find this exact post once i joined. my 2020 X2 sealtbelt light wont go off all of a sudden "while belted in" after removing the plastic cover i noticed " no screws" like in your pictures to remove the metal plate exposing the magnet. For the life of me i cant figure out how to remove and access the magnet to remove? Any advice would be great. Thanks!!
Did you ever find out how to get the seat belt apart? I have the same problem- no screws.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
So what is the trick to open up the seat belt? Mine isn't screwed together and it is a really tight fit to split apart?
Gen 1 and Rmax have screws, I assume you have an X2 or 4?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts