1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,002 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hey everyone I thought that I would revive this old thread with some new insight. I am always searching Ebay for new stuff for the X4. Earlier this summer I had come across seat belt bypass connectors for the Gen 1 Wolverine and the YXZ1000 ( it is the same connector for both ). But none for the X4/X2. Finally after opening the X4 up to do the clutch weights I realized there is a connector just under the plastics where the driver seat belt comes through which looked just likes the ones I have seen several times so I went ahead and picked one for the YXZ up. It was under $8 and worked perfectly. Plug and play. Bless Yamaha for keeping many things the same on their different models. So if anyone wants a simple solution to the seat belt alarm and speed limiter here you go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Seat-B...&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&redirect=mobile

20181018_115656.jpg 20181018_115610.jpg 20181018_115540.jpg 20181018_115533.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just opened up the seat belt buckle and took the sensor out. Free and worked fine. Still left it plugged in just took it outside the buckle housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,002 Posts
I just wear my seatbelt
I do when driving on the road or trails but I have a long driveway/road and have to open/close my gate where the buzzer/speed limiter can be a PITA. It also sucks when snow plowing and I have to get in/out to angle the blade.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I do when driving on the road or trails but I have a long driveway/road and have to open/close my gate where the buzzer/speed limiter can be a PITA. It also sucks when snow plowing and I have to get in/out to angle the blade.
I wear my seat belt too... especially because the sound the Wolverine makes if you don't... very effective. But there are times when you may not want to wear your seat belt. When driving across a frozen lake. If you go through the ice you don't want to be strapped in. Or when going through deep water/mud. If you tip your Wolvie on its side to where you would be under water and strapped in.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wear my seat belt too... especially because the sound the Wolverine makes if you don't... very effective. But there are times when you may not want to wear your seat belt. When driving across a frozen lake. If you go through the ice you don't want to be strapped in. Or when going through deep water/mud. If you tip your Wolvie on its side to where you would be under water and strapped in.
I know this won't be popular, but I never wear the seatbelt, I just rewired it so it thinks the seatbelt is always connected.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
All great points everybody. Totally many of the reasons to get rid of this safety feature. Something my Rhino didn't have and I'm glad to see go.

Reactions: Simity

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
:usa::usa:

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just opened up the seat belt buckle and took the sensor out. Free and worked fine. Still left it plugged in just took it outside the buckle housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This worked for mine as well, the sensor is two pieces, just take out the piece that doesnt have the wires connected to it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just removed the sensor and thought I'd add a few pictures for anyone interested.

Remove buckle cover then remove magnetic sensor from back side cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just removed the sensor and thought I'd add a few pictures for anyone interested.

Remove buckle cover then remove magnetic sensor from back side cover.
I did the same , I just had a friend recently who didn’t wear one , he rolled by mistake avoiding a deer , his injuries were very very significant to arm, shoulder and has missed x 6 months of work and sold his bike due to injury and pay loss

I am like massive to be honest , plowing and moving around the garage etc , thx for your post

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks fella's - I've got it now!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys ..I have a 2019 X2...Literally bought it yesterday.....took the clip off just like in the pics and took it for a spin......still cutting out around 22 miles an hour....Any Ideas.....Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,113 Posts
What do you mean.

Was it ok before now or what you did?

Dealer should look at any function problem if its the engine cutting out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Guys ..I have a 2019 X2...Literally bought it yesterday.....took the clip off just like in the pics and took it for a spin......still cutting out around 22 miles an hour....Any Ideas.....Thanks
Is it switched to turtle mode? And did you warm it up until the blue temp light went out before trying to go fast? Once it warms up the engine has to return to idle so the speed limiter disengages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is it switched to turtle mode? And did you warm it up until the blue temp light went out before trying to go fast? Once it warms up the engine has to return to idle so the speed limiter disengages.
It is not in turtle mode, but may have not warmed up yet....I will try again tomorrow.....I removed sensor then took it for a spin......betting it wasn't warm yet.......Thanks

1 - 20 of 50 Posts