Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
Just to double check, here are pictures of where the sensor is located. If you remove the magnet it defeats the seat belt warning. This is the thing you plug the seat belt in to, not the seat belt.

Post #12 by grizztracks

Yamaha doesn't make a lot of changes on new models, it would really surprise me if your 2020 is different from my 2019 with regards to the seat belt warning thing. Let us know either way.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It is actually different now. I just did mine a couple weeks ago and have already forgotten exactly how the seatbelt assembly was held together. Not much help sorry, but if it's worth anything the whole process was pretty quick and painless, whether it's plastic clips and it just needed to be lightly pulled apart, or if there's a bolt in there.

Once it's apart, the switch itself is a physical toggle switch now. You'll see(just leave ignition on), once you pop the physical switch out of it's mounting location, your seatbelt indicator turns off. I just sealed the switch up and secured it and the wire right against the side of the seatbelt, that way it's quick and painless if you ever want to return it to stock.

I think this is a little easteregg improvement by Yamaha. Literally pull your seat belt clip apart, take out the toggle switch and set it aside, you're done.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
970 Posts
Strange that models before and after have screws but the one in the middle doesn't? You might just have to use the bypass plug

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
264 Posts
I used the bypass plug on the X2 and just today connected it on the Rmax4, kudo's to Yamaha for making it simpler to add the bypass plug !

Reactions: Budro2

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
I had issues with mine.
I know mine it's a 19' and it's been a while, but I followed the wire below and used a bypass plug from amazon.
Wrapped the other end it tape and walked away.
The plugs seem to work on most models, YXZ, X2/X4, etc.

Edit: adding pic.
You can see it dangling with the white bypass plug. It's normally zip tied to the seat frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is actually different now. I just did mine a couple weeks ago and have already forgotten exactly how the seatbelt assembly was held together. Not much help sorry, but if it's worth anything the whole process was pretty quick and painless, whether it's plastic clips and it just needed to be lightly pulled apart, or if there's a bolt in there.

Once it's apart, the switch itself is a physical toggle switch now. You'll see(just leave ignition on), once you pop the physical switch out of it's mounting location, your seatbelt indicator turns off. I just sealed the switch up and secured it and the wire right against the side of the seatbelt, that way it's quick and painless if you ever want to return it to stock.
I just did this on my new 2021 Wolverine X2 last week. Took the 4 screws out of the seat belt assembly with a T10 torx and pulled the cover off. Inside was a toggle type switch with a raised lever that gets pushed down when the seat belt is inserted. I just used an elastic to keep the lever tight against the switch to complete the circuit. Put the 4 screws back in the seat belt assembly and was done. Maybe took 5 minutes to complete.

I did have to move the torx screwdriver around a bit before it locked into the screw heads but it is definitely a T10 Torx.

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK so I have a 2020 X2 RSPEC. it has 2 torx screws at the bottom inside (the side facing the seat) of the reciever. The heads of the screws are recessed into the plastic. it looks like you remove those 2 screws and the inside plastic cover should pop off. i'll get after it tomorrow and report back. Maybe Yamaha is using multiple suppliers with different designs for the part? that seems to be unlikely, not sure why there are differences in # of screws

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok I confirmed that on my 2020 X2 RSEC, you just remove the 2 screws (# 10 Torx,) from the bottom of the reciever side of the buckle, push down and pull out and the plastic cover comes right off. Undfortunately for me, I cannot identify what has to removed to inactivate it. I have photos, not sure how I would load them here.
AND A CAUTIONARY TALE HERE.
Once you pull the screws - the cup holders are NOT a good place to store them. I forgot about the drain holes, so now those 2 tiny screws re rolling arond somewhere on the top of my skid plate. I'm currently looking for a strong magnet to see if I can find em and coax em to one of the holes!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts