Rear view Camera
Close
Login to Your Account
Yamaha Wolverine Forum

Rear view Camera

This is a discussion on Rear view Camera within the Wolverine X2/X4 General Discussion forums, part of the Yamaha Wolverine X2 & X4 847cc SxS category; Put a rear view camera on the Wolverine. Wired it in using the blanks in front of the steering wheel. The kit cost about $32, ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 7 Post By Mickermic
  • 2 Post By Paul65
  • 3 Post By jimclemjr

Thread: Rear view Camera

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times

Rear view Camera

Put a rear view camera on the Wolverine. Wired it in using the blanks in front of the steering wheel. The kit cost about $32, all in, maybe $80. That includes the Ram mounts I used and the connectors for the blanks. All in all I like it. Its not a fine color monitor but for the money not bad. Also the night vision is really very good. Put the camera on the roll bar under the roof. I have had it out in rough terrain yet but I think the Ram mount will hold. The monitor has another input on it as well. The youtube video does not nearly show the quality of the monitors picture. But its no TV either.

Monitor camera kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ram holder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

rlk, atkbike, UPNORTH and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for sharing. After looking around at other options I decided to just duplicate what you did. I bought the exact same stuff you chose! I used a piece of 1/2" flex conduit to run the wire to the rear, and I added the wires for my rear LED pods in the same conduit. I mounted the camera on the bottom of the tailgate. Up front I cut the camera wire so I could thread it through the little hole where the rivet for the warning sign on the center of the dash used to be. Then I soldered the wires back together where the joint is protected high up under the dash. This also allowed me to shorten that cable rather than wad it up. I put the camera on a toggle switch so I can turn it on and off. It's too bright to use all the time (at night).

At first I thought this was just a whistle and bell, but its very practical. It's impossible to see directly behind these things no matter how many mirrors you have. I find myself using the camera several times per ride. I installed this a couple of months ago and I have been meaning to tell you how much I appreciated your post. Thanks again!

I'm planning to purchase the same Ram mount for my iPhone. I'll put my iPhone where the camera monitor is now, and move the camera monitor to the right in the new mount.
    Name:  Backup Camera (1).jpg
Views: 117
Size:  1.78 MB
    Name:  Backup Camera (2).jpg
Views: 109
Size:  800.6 KB
    Name:  Backup Camera (3).jpg
Views: 108
Size:  2.22 MB
    InfidelMT and Maggot like this.
    2019 Wolverine X2 R-Spec bought new 8/9/2019
    Yamaha windshield & full soft cab, rock sliders, rear fender flares, rear bumper
    Yamaha Warn Winch on EMP front bumper (looks great - not made for winching!)
    Richochet A-Arm guards
    Front & Rear LED pod lights
    Backup Camera
    Seizmik Windshield Vents
    Seizmik mirrors
    Removed all the warning stickers & badges
    Signs from doityourselflettering.com
    Tablet for GPS Navigation

Weekender
    Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    70 times
    Those mounts really do work well. I was thinking the other day about getting another one and using it for my phone. I use mine monitor all the time especially when I am riding with other people. I can see where they are. I hated my rear view mirror and I know I would knock side mirrors off in a matter of hours. Glad it worked for you. Its a pretty cheap fix.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WolverineForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Nice, this would really help on my X4 rather than a rear view mirror.
    2018 BASE WOLVERINE X4
    OEM Roof
    OEM Overfenders
    3500lb Super ATV Black Ops Winch

Redaroo

Member #
    Member #
    Liked
    618 times
    Put in a rearview camera last spring, $40 or so spent, I am surprised it is still running lol. I use it basically for backing up. I have it on a switch on my console panel. The side lines on the camera screen match the sides of my Wolv within an inch or so. I can't turn my neck well enough to look around the fire extinguisher and spare tire to see backwards. I mounted monitor up on the roof at center of the front roof bar over my rear view mirror, which I typically use for rear followers. The camera is mounted on center of my storage box a few inches above bumper. I discovered as I was testing it that for best rear backing, the camera needed to be about top of bumper height to be able to see the ground at back of unit and also get the rear perspective you need. If too high up on cage you cant see ground at back and I did not want to back off something. I have had camera off and on a couple times when I pulled carrier and it is still working great. Its cheap and not best image but I would do it again. Hope this helps if you're on the fence.
    2016 Wolverine R-spec EPS- Camo, , JBS CVT grind, 16 gr OD, Purple, slugs, JBS mudguards, Autometer Temp Gauge, Alba Racing Reflash, SATV A-arms & DIY stick guards, Flip wshield, Auto tie rod ends, Dual batts/manual switch, ALS defeat, Method 14" B-locks, 27" 9 & 11Maxxis Vipr,4000 Moto Max winch, Yama trunk, 20" single row roof light bar, Rigid D pods on bumper, 3"rear cage lower, harness bar and 4 pt harnesses, JBS/Eibach springs, SPAL fan, ACM doors, Lexan moonroof, Pyle rear cam

Sponsored Links