Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
Was curious, if the adventure pro software is just an app can it be loaded on a different tablet? How does it pull the telemetry from the machine ? I don't want to shell out 2k for an AP that is worth at best 500 if I could get this working on another tablet... well that would sure be swell and make available a lot more apps.
While it is an .apk file(Android Package Kit), it seems to only work on the Magellan TRX7 hardware platform. I work with some VERY talented geeks and hackers, they have tried to get the .apk file to work on other Android phones and tablets, to no avail. I have the .apk file and will share if you’re interested PM me.
Harry

·
Registered
76 Posts
While it is an .apk file(Android Package Kit), it seems to only work on the Magellan TRX7 hardware platform. I work with some VERY talented geeks and hackers, they have tried to get the .apk file to work on other Android phones and tablets, to no avail. I have the .apk file and will share if you’re interested PM me.
Harry
Well that's a shame, looks like Magellan has terminated its business with DigitalGlobe Service so getting decent maps on the AP is not going to be easy.

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
1,145 Posts
The more I read about this thing the happier I am I won't own one. They don't have maps for Canada anyways.

I'll get a 7in tablet, the 4 pin to obd2 dongle, and the bluetooth obd2 reader. Download a couple apps that brings up similar similar dash as the ADVpro.. Depending on tablet, could be all in for 150 bucks.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
there you go.

I looked at a map Wolviegramps sent me of the trail here. but you can't travel with directions with them only see where the trail exists from what I saw. I already know where I am going pretty much. I thought about a tablet for my machine but there aren't maps currently for them here. Paper fold out ones only.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Won't need the gps so much to guide me, just to know where I am. If that makes sense. Hard to really get lost in NS. Go till you hit the ocean, then turn left or right.

I do like the diagnostics of the system though, and given there's an empty door and space to place the thing. I'll play with it, but no rush to do so.
I have several of each piece I need "saved for later" on amazon.

there you go.

I looked at a map Wolviegramps sent me of the trail here. but you can't travel with directions with them only see where the trail exists from what I saw. I already know where I am going pretty much. I thought about a tablet for my machine but there aren't maps currently for them here. Paper fold out ones only.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The more I read about this thing the happier I am I won't own one. They don't have maps for Canada anyways.

I'll get a 7in tablet, the 4 pin to obd2 dongle, and the bluetooth obd2 reader. Download a couple apps that brings up similar similar dash as the ADVpro.. Depending on tablet, could be all in for 150 bucks.
This is exactly where my train of thought was going, and was hoping the AvdPro app would work (for telemetry) as it is android based. I never thought there may be some other apps out there to do the same.

At the end of the day, it would be nice to have a tach, maybe a few gauges, maps/GPS so I could plunk the hunting watches in for where I hunt, access to a music service all on the dash. Kind of like SYNC3 on the old F150. Seems so simple but sounds like they just designed a heavily customized piece of equipment with Magellan.

Let me know if you get the dongle stuff going, I figure I will be holding the pattern for a while waiting on the new RMAX4 "SE" adventure pro-less edition to come in.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'll post for sure, when I get into it. Dozens of apps out there, and most will have similar inf. This will give you an idea of what you can be looking at..
Technology Text Electronic device Electronics Font
Text Gadget Font Technology Electronic device
Gadget Text Font Technology Product

This is exactly where my train of thought was going, and was hoping the AvdPro app would work (for telemetry) as it is android based. I never thought there may be some other apps out there to do the same.

At the end of the day, it would be nice to have a tach, maybe a few gauges, maps/GPS so I could plunk the hunting watches in for where I hunt, access to a music service all on the dash. Kind of like SYNC3 on the old F150. Seems so simple but sounds like they just designed a heavily customized piece of equipment with Magellan.

Let me know if you get the dongle stuff going, I figure I will be holding the pattern for a while waiting on the new RMAX4 "SE" adventure pro-less edition to come in.

·
Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
647 Posts
4/21/21?!?! You're in the future?!?!

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
so, my AP is in the shop! Stopped working this weekend. During boot up it wont go past the screen that has the 2016 copyright. Called Yamaha (it was sent back to them once before when I did a factory restart and lost the Adventure pro app) and was directed to take it to my dealer. Of course, they didn't even know what it is or how to even turn it on. Yamaha called them prior to my arrival and told them to do a "QA Claim" on it. In 2 weeks it will be out of warranty. Counting my lucky stars at this point.

I have lived with this unit for a year now. Not a fan. I WAS a big fan. No so much now. If it dies out of warranty, into the electronic recycle bin it goes! It is a POS IMO.

Granted the telemetry is there, however, once the new gadget thrill wears off, I don't use that function anymore. There are many much cheaper options to do what I really do with it. Any tablet or phone with a GPS is all you need. IMHO
Harry

Update 1/28/21
Yamaha has given my dealer a parts credit that is equivalent to a new AdvPro. The dealer has ordered it. He says it is Not on back order.
I will not be installing it. While it was gone, I bought a Samsung Tab A7. Works great for everything I need. You will see it for sale on here shortly. Brand new still sealed from the factory.
Harry

Reactions: Rhinohio

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well, you can rule out viewing a wireless backup camera on your Adventure Pro. It just doesn't have the HP to run the camera-viewing software. I ran the same software on my G6 Android phone and I was able to view my wireless backup camera just fine without lag.

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
Update 1/28/21
Yamaha has given my dealer a parts credit that is equivalent to a new AdvPro. The dealer has ordered it. He says it is Not on back order.
I will not be installing it. While it was gone, I bought a Samsung Tab A7. Works great for everything I need. You will see it for sale on here shortly. Brand new still sealed from the factory.
Harry

Reactions: Rhinohio

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
Hey Massive, will a new Adv pro for 2020 X2 in the box install in Rmax base model or will other stuff be needed?
Harry

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
You'll need the RMAX AP mount, because it's different from the X2/X4's mount which at this point you would have to order from Magellan. Here's the link to the thread discussing ordering it, but you would have to request the RMAX cradle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't reply to your pm since I'm a new member MassiveOverkill, but can you send me the files? I believe yamaha uses the same files between the wolverine & yxzs since they all use the same part number for an adventure pro.... Older models just require an extended wiring harness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all,
Has anyone installed ON X off road map app on th AP, If so how do you like it. I use on my PC to look for trails and was thinking of trying to install on the AP.
thanks

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 4 XT-R
36 Posts
So I just purchased a 2021 RMAX 4. I noticed that the odometer on the "normal" indication and the odometer on the adventure pro differ by 10 miles. Is there a way to get the 2 in sync with each other?

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just FYI. If you do a reset, the AP now seems to communicate with the server to re-download the AP software, even though it's an older version..........baby steps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I have some time to mess with the Yamaha Adventure Pro and have unlocked developer mode. Tutorial and guides to follow.

NOTE: DO NOT RESET YOUR ADVENTURE PRO AS IT WILL DELETE THE YAMAHA APP AND YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND YOUR UNIT BACK TO YAMAHA TO HAVE IT RESTORED. I DO HAVE THE APK FILE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY RESET YOURS, JUST PM ME.

For now, if you want to get Android apps, you can't use Google Play but have to load the Amazon App onto your Adventure Pro (obviously need Wifi) app @ Amazon.com (let me know if link doesn't work for you).

Got Avenza loaded!

For now enjoy a handy and free Clinometer app for your rock crawling adventures

View attachment 89244
I was reading this post and was wondering if you could send me the apk for the adventure pro software. It tells me it no longer works or was deleted, when I go to reinstall, it says I have no network connection, although everything else works, I’m hoping putting the file on there restores use of the ap.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts