Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have some time to mess with the Yamaha Adventure Pro and have unlocked developer mode. Tutorial and guides to follow.

NOTE: DO NOT RESET YOUR ADVENTURE PRO AS IT WILL DELETE THE YAMAHA APP AND YOU'LL HAVE TO SEND YOUR UNIT BACK TO YAMAHA TO HAVE IT RESTORED. I DO HAVE THE APK FILE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY RESET YOURS, JUST PM ME.

For now, if you want to get Android apps, you can't use Google Play but have to load the Amazon App onto your Adventure Pro (obviously need Wifi) app @ Amazon.com (let me know if link doesn't work for you).

Got Avenza loaded!

For now enjoy a handy and free Clinometer app for your rock crawling adventures

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
@Massive...awesome thanks! looking forward to your follow up on this topic.
Harry

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
For apps that are not on Amazon, try to search for the .apk download. For instance, my favorite trail nav app is Maprika Maprika
If you search for "maprika apk download" one of the 1st options is apkpure. from there you can download and install the app on the AP
Harry

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
How is this communicating with the ECU/Engine. Is the port unique to this engine or do the earlier generation have a similar port which maybe used in as similar manner?

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know about ATV, but all Yamaha SxS since 2019 are prewired for it. 2018 models needed a wiring kit. Gen 1's and earlier aren't compatible.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
Ok, Thanks
Some X owners maybe interested in an informative tablet with engine data as its supported.

Although not mentioned. But for the current implementation on the RMAX specifically. Are you getting Engine Oil Pressure data?

Just curious as is seems to be a must have in some situations. An oil pressure light should be the min OEM supplied but not so in other models.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, Thanks
Some X owners maybe interested in an informative tablet with engine data as its supported.

Although not mentioned. But for the current implementation on the RMAX specifically. Are you getting Engine Oil Pressure data?

Just curious as is seems to be a must have in some situations. An oil pressure light should be the min OEM supplied but not so in other models.
The X models only have a go/no go oil pressure switch. I guess it would be nice if that switch was wired to provide data. I can tell you that switch, at least in my experience kills your engine fairly quickly if pressure is lost, preventing any damage.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
So you're not getting any oil pressure indication on the RMAX display or the ADvPro tablet either? Bummer if so after all the efforts over the years to mod for that. A few people lost engine when something went wrong and even a light could have saved it if noticed, of course. Maybe the app can be updated to alert that. Something to enquire into if it were my machine and had forked out all that money. I am a gauge watcher and don't like driving blind if possible.

Happy Trails there. Thx

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I haven't looked into the oil pressure switch wiring on the Wolverines but if it has an oil pressure switch, then a light can be wired to it. That's what I did on my wildcat sport. However, I don't know how much damage would be done by the time the light came on or how much advance notice it would give you before the engine shut off.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
Normally there is flow even at 5 psi but at least you know and don't run tell it can't run.
I depends but the engine isn't blown. I would be nice for the new RMAX owners to have that covered but its sounding like it may not. Yet!! But should have especially on 1000cc >100 HP engine.

I just thought I'd bring it up as they're coupling this high tech screen to them now.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
You have me interested now. Since I don't have a machine right now, I can't look but I think there was enough space to put a T in where the factory oil pressure switch went. You could run an electrical or mechanical gauge off the T and still keep the factory switch for the ECU. It would be nice if the Yamaha had intergrated it to factory display but and extra guage for something this vital would be worth it. We may need to start a new thread on this.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
Go for it!!
Its better you do it as I have no points of reference nor will on the oil pressure monitoring.

You and Massive can brain storm this one. He certainly has what it takes and already in possession of a machine. Inside track with his dealer mechanic as well. Should not be too hard to get definitive answers on unknowns and possibilities.

Cheers

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If someone with an RMAX Adventure Pro could look up their software version and even better, find the .APK file, which may be named something similar to this: 'T-Yamaha-v1_03_0013.apk' I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,155 Posts
A little pricey and you still have to add a gauge but it looks simple and effective. I'm sure there are cheaper ways to do it but will take more parts gathering.
there are similar solutions if they fit and much cheaper. From $24.

·
Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
332 Posts
If someone with an RMAX Adventure Pro could look up their software version and even better, find the .APK file, which may be named something similar to this: 'T-Yamaha-v1_03_0013.apk' I'd appreciate it.
I see the AP version in settings>apps is 2.02.0019 is that what you are looking for?
Harry

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
76 Posts
Was curious, if the adventure pro software is just an app can it be loaded on a different tablet? How does it pull the telemetry from the machine ? I don't want to shell out 2k for an AP that is worth at best 500 if I could get this working on another tablet... well that would sure be swell and make available a lot more apps.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts