Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yeah, I hate RMATV's gestapo selection. I have to choose a PoPo RZR to get an 6+1 offset, which is what I plan on going with when I order new wheels\tires.
I’ve been through that crap a few times with them on Gen1 stuff. When I go around the system they get annoyed some times because then they have to use their brain instead of the computer program lol. I like their pricing though.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my wheels and tires with the same spec’s as yours (System 3 SB-3 5+2 (+30), 30” Tensor Regulators). Is the rear 1” spacer necessary for fitment or is it for looks? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I ordered my wheels and tires with the same spec’s as yours (System 3 SB-3 5+2 (+30), 30” Tensor Regulators). Is the rear 1” spacer necessary for fitment or is it for looks? Thanks in advance for the help.
No. Spacers are not necessary. I just like to be a little wider in the rear than the front for stability and handling. To me the rear end breaks free and drifts easier. It actually does look really nice too.

Reactions: JVS

·
Registered
14 Posts
No. Spacers are not necessary. I just like to be a little wider in the rear than the front for stability and handling. To me the rear end breaks free and drifts easier. It actually does look really nice too.
Gotcha. So without the spacer, it will be even with the front? I will I will fit them with out and see how it looks. I don’t want the extra mud if I can help it....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. Need some help. I scored a set of new rims and tires that are 4/3 I was adding 4/156 to 4/110 wheel adapters 1.25 thick my issue is they only come with 3/8 studs the unit these came off of were 12mm studs. Will the tapered lugs secure these?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I didn’t use a spacer on my RMAX4 and the rear is with a half inch in width as the front.
Wider in the front or the rear?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I pulled my RMAX4 onto my trailer and measured from each side of the trailer to the outside of the wheel I measured 1/4” narrower in the rear. That’s close enough to even for me.
1” spacers would make it 1 1/2” wider in the rear compared to the front of my machine. Another forum member said his was less than an inch narrower in the rear without spacers and a little over an inch wider with 1” spacers.
More or less preload on the shocks will affect these measurements BTW.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So with 5+2 wheels, no spacer and the rear is 1/2 narrower than the front and 1" spacers make the rear 1/2 wider than the front?
I pulled my RMAX4 onto my trailer and measured from each side of the trailer to the outside of the wheel I measured 1/4” narrower in the rear. That’s close enough to even for me.
1” spacers would make it 1 1/2” wider in the rear compared to the front of my machine. Another forum member said his was less than an inch narrower in the rear without spacers and a little over an inch wider with 1” spacers.
More or less preload on the shocks will affect these measurements BTW.
Seems to be that everyone has similar results to mine. The RMAX4 ends up wider in the front than the rear when changing to a square tire setup. To me this is one of the design flaws of it Yamaha made. It should have been engineered to be square or IMO the rear should have ended up a tad wider when going square if anything that way people would not have the need/want for spacers. If you wanted to be a little wider you could just get a more aggressive offset wheel all the way around but still end up with a proper front to rear track.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I wouldn’t want different offsets on the wheels. I plan on rotating my tire’s as they wear.
I might change my mind about spacers after my springs settle in and I readjust my preloads. I installed both the front and rear brush guards today. While it was sitting on the concrete I noticed it’s sitting lower in the rear. If I’m pushing an inch narrower in the rear, on each side, after adjusting the suspension, I’ll probably go ahead and get 1” spacers. Right now I’m about 1/4” on each side.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I wouldn’t want different offsets on the wheels. I plan on rotating my tire’s as they wear.
I might change my mind about spacers after my springs settle in and I readjust my preloads. I installed both the front and rear brush guards today. While it was sitting on the concrete I noticed it’s sitting lower in the rear. If I’m pushing an inch narrower in the rear, on each side, after adjusting the suspension, I’ll probably go ahead and get 1” spacers. Right now I’m about 1/4” on each side.
I wouldn't want different offsets front to rear either. Rotating is a primary reason for running a square setup for me too. I meant going to a 4+3 instead of a 5+2 offset all the way around to increase the overall stance.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 X-TR
4 Posts
you can actually get a tape measure from brake rotor to brake rotor with wheels ON and get a very accurate width difference with the machine on the ground. Mine is about 3/8" more narrow in the rear which equals 3/16ths per side. On jack stands it was 2.25" more narror in rear then front both at full droop.

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine Rmax2
31 Posts
New bead lock wheels and tires. 8" wide Weld bead Locks. 4" back spacing. 30" ITP Terra hooks. The tires measure about 29.5 inches with 12PSI. The stock wheel and tire set up weighed 50lbs. The new ones are 55lbs. I ended up 68" wide. I wanted the width for the extra stability on hill climbs.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
New bead lock wheels and tires. 8" wide Weld bead Locks. 4" back spacing. 30" ITP Terra hooks. The tires measure about 29.5 inches with 12PSI. The stock wheel and tire set up weighed 50lbs. The new ones are 55lbs. I ended up 68" wide. I wanted the width for the extra stability on hill climbs.
View attachment 93888
View attachment 93889
Oh ya. Lookin' good!!!👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 X-TR
4 Posts
Just installed 14x7 +38mm Race Line Krank simulated beadlock wheels and ITP Terra Hook 30x10x14 tires. Running 14psi rear 12psi front. Little over 29" tall on machine. Way smoother then stock tires. Track width measured from outside tire bulge to outside tire bulge 64 ⁵/⁸" both front & rear. Love them so far. Tire and wheel came in just under 50lbs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has any of you seen or ridden on any Supergrip K9 tires? I really like the look and seem to have good reviews. Any suggestions on others would be great as well.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
169 Posts
I am still a tad confused on wheel sizing and offsets.. Looking for opinions.

Will these rims work on a Rmax4 1000 ?
14x7 +35mm

20210419_164707.jpg
20210419_164740.jpg

Please don't crucify me for my ignorance..lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
It is confusing as hell for sure. This video helps simplify it a bit!

A 35mm offset is the same as the stock front wheel but it’s only 6.5 wide instead of 7. There is probably enough room inside for clearance but that would be the concern. You would need a 1” spacer on the rear.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts