Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
169 Posts
It is confusing as hell for sure. This video helps simplify it a bit!

A 35mm offset is the same as the stock front wheel but it’s only 6.5 wide instead of 7. There is probably enough room inside for clearance but that would be the concern. You would need a 1” spacer on the rear.
Thanks for input !

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I am still a tad confused on wheel sizing and offsets.. Looking for opinions.

Will these rims work on a Rmax4 1000 ?
14x7 +35mm

View attachment 94452 View attachment 94450
Please don't crucify me for my ignorance..lol
There shouldn't be an issue at all with that offset. I'm running a +30mm offset on mine. As long as the lug pattern on them is 4/156. I can't quite read all of the numbers on the wheel. You'll be less than a 1/4" narrower than my RMAX4 sits in the front (about 66" wide with a 30X10X14 tire) with that wheel and a tad narrower in the rear unless you ad the 1" spacers.

Reactions: POHLHAMMER

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
169 Posts
They fit great !
Bead locks and new motohammer tires $1500

My dealer had them off a YXZ he displayed, that he sold and buyer didn't want them.
I am not sure they were ever ment for yxz , or what , as the YAMAHA website says the yxz uses a +10 offset.. 🤔
20210422_111821.jpg
20210422_111832.jpg
20210422_111837.jpg

Maybe a tad in on back end.. But barely.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
262 Posts
Quick question: What is the weight of the OEM 29" Carnage tires? (fronts/rears)

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
201 Posts
How come nobody talks about rim load ratings? To me, that's the most important factor. You don't want a rim that's rated at 1000 lbs for a vehicle that weighs 2000lbs (RMAX2 fully loaded)

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
262 Posts
How come nobody talks about rim load ratings? To me, that's the most important factor. You don't want a rim that's rated at 1000 lbs for a vehicle that weighs 2000lbs (RMAX2 fully loaded)
I believe that would be 1000lbs - per wheel.

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,390 Posts
For those of you who went with Tusk Teton beadlocks did the OEM lug nuts work with them or do I need to buy some?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
For those of you who went with Tusk Teton beadlocks did the OEM lug nuts work with them or do I need to buy some?
Yes. I needed to buy aftermarket lugs for my Tetons.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
14” 5+2 30mm offset STI HD9 Bronze bead locks. I stayed stock there so I can run them at normal width on my tight trails here at home. I’m a fan of the little wheel, big tire look but more than that I like a lot of side wall for my riding style. They match my painted letters and winch fairlead, winch hook almost perfect. A little darker than the graphics but looks good. Some wheel info for people looking at wheel tire weight combos. Stock wheel is 17 pounds, tusk wheels are 18 pounds, STI HD 9 listed as 14 pounds but my scale says 15. Some of the system 3 wheels are 14 pounds as well. Going to 32” tires, 3-4 pounds in wheels is a big deal. Not knocking Tusk for people sticking to a 30. There are some things about them I like better!
I had settled on 32” Roxzillas for my crawling. They are the king, thing is anything from 32 to 35 is impossible to find. The cheapest price of around 210.00 suddenly started jumping up 40.00 and the available date kept getting pushed back. Turns out a cargo ship in rough seas lost 10s of thousands of them to the depths and they won’t be available for many months. I had some others on the list like the Bloodaxe. They are making there way into the rock crawling world, run true to size but they are very proud of them price wise and they only have a 1/2” tread depth. Some others were way to heavy and some of the lighter ones were decent but only average for rock crawling. I found these new Quadboss 808s and there is very little info out on them. They are dot approved. One pound heavier than my other 3 top choices. Listed as 44 pounds but my scale says 45. Maybe it’s just my scale. Numbers should add up to 58 total but I get 60. 60 was my number not to go over after testing another combo that weighed 57-59. No info on true height available. They MSRP along the lines of the other top contenders but I could find them as low as 205 a piece. Then I stumbled on AMERICAN MOTO TIRE. I took a chance on these because they sold them to me for 166.00 no tax or shipping. That’s 60-80 dollars per tire cheaper than my other top picks!
The center lugs are identical to the proven Bloodaxe tire the side lugs are the closest thing I’ve seen to a Roxzilla. They seem to have a softer more flexible lug than the carnivore which will be good. Tire height wasn’t true to size as expected but I wasn’t disappointed. @12 psi mounted on the wheel but not the car they were 31.5” not bad!
On the car at 8 psi they are a solid 31”. The carnivore was 29 after 800 miles and 9 psi so I still got 1” more of clearance that I wanted. Headed to Sand Hollow in the morning for a couple days of 8 rated trails. Can’t wait to see how they do.
102D3BA6-04BD-4D8F-B215-24891C0275BE.jpeg

147F96D4-3CE1-458C-B998-61D7C94F423C.jpeg

905F796D-0F2C-48D4-8E7D-96C057E49413.jpeg

F1035EE1-4E69-497E-98DA-911507EE8D07.jpeg
ED10C668-020D-43A6-ACCE-C6FDC0C081A4.jpeg
E740043A-3350-41ED-9C83-31877C2C0E4D.jpeg

It’s wearing 2.5” spacers just for my rock crawling adventures. I can’t stand the leverage but short term it’s a worth while compromise for me. Fun as hell to drive like that too. Feels way better off camber and In high speed corners. It’s right at 70” wide outside contact patch of tire lugs, not tire pooch. Most of the time I’ll use it in stock fashion.

Before
A1E40CF7-F1D7-4686-A96E-FE2F0ADDF10A.jpeg

3348C897-F532-490B-BC42-31F1F9E556F4.jpeg

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
201 Posts
14” 5+2 30mm offset STI HD9 Bronze bead locks. I stayed stock there so I can run them at normal width on my tight trails here at home. I’m a fan of the little wheel, big tire look but more than that I like a lot of side wall for my riding style. They match my painted letters and winch fairlead, winch hook almost perfect. A little darker than the graphics but looks good. Some wheel info for people looking at wheel tire weight combos. Stock wheel is 17 pounds, tusk wheels are 18 pounds, STI HD 9 listed as 14 pounds but my scale says 15. Some of the system 3 wheels are 14 pounds as well. Going to 32” tires, 3-4 pounds in wheels is a big deal. Not knocking Tusk for people sticking to a 30. There are some things about them I like better!
I had settled on 32” Roxzillas for my crawling. They are the king, thing is anything from 32 to 35 is impossible to find. The cheapest price of around 210.00 suddenly started jumping up 40.00 and the available date kept getting pushed back. Turns out a cargo ship in rough seas lost 10s of thousands of them to the depths and they won’t be available for many months. I had some others on the list like the Bloodaxe. They are making there way into the rock crawling world, run true to size but they are very proud of them price wise and they only have a 1/2” tread depth. Some others were way to heavy and some of the lighter ones were decent but only average for rock crawling. I found these new Quadboss 808s and there is very little info out on them. They are dot approved. One pound heavier than my other 3 top choices. Listed as 44 pounds but my scale says 45. Maybe it’s just my scale. Numbers should add up to 58 total but I get 60. 60 was my number not to go over after testing another combo that weighed 57-59. No info on true height available. They MSRP along the lines of the other top contenders but I could find them as low as 205 a piece. Then I stumbled on AMERICAN MOTO TIRE. I took a chance on these because they sold them to me for 166.00 no tax or shipping. That’s 60-80 dollars per tire cheaper than my other top picks!
The center lugs are identical to the proven Bloodaxe tire the side lugs are the closest thing I’ve seen to a Roxzilla. They seem to have a softer more flexible lug than the carnivore which will be good. Tire height wasn’t true to size as expected but I wasn’t disappointed. @12 psi mounted on the wheel but not the car they were 31.5” not bad!
On the car at 8 psi they are a solid 31”. The carnivore was 29 after 800 miles and 9 psi so I still got 1” more of clearance that I wanted. Headed to Sand Hollow in the morning for a couple days of 8 rated trails. Can’t wait to see how they do.
View attachment 94905
View attachment 94906
View attachment 94907
View attachment 94908 View attachment 94909 View attachment 94910

It’s wearing 2.5” spacers just for my rock crawling adventures. I can’t stand the leverage but short term it’s a worth while compromise for me. Fun as hell to drive like that too. Feels way better off camber and In high speed corners. It’s right at 70” wide outside contact patch of tire lugs, not tire pooch. Most of the time I’ll use it in stock fashion.

Before
View attachment 94911
View attachment 94912
I like 'em a lot. Question: Do the stock rims have a max load rating stamped or forged on them?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I like 'em a lot. Question: Do the stock rims have a max load rating stamped or forged on them?
If they do I haven’t looked. I’ll check on it while they are off but it would be next week!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I snapped some photos this morning. Not sure if the hieroglyphs can be translated?
4BF78983-C862-47D9-A11D-B3722D554B72.jpeg

62A2B9B9-F04C-441E-9333-F19CEB619506.jpeg

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
64 Posts
View attachment 94905
View attachment 94906
View attachment 94907
View attachment 94908 View attachment 94909 View attachment 94910

Before
View attachment 94911
View attachment 94912
Now THAT'S a top notch review.
Thanks Budro2..... you da man!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
A follow up with some tire info for people.

My quest here was a tire that performed great on slick rock primarily. Roxzillla sticky’s are not known for longevity so most people wouldn’t get them unless pure rock crawling was all they did with them. I was going to get the non sticky version. I couldn’t find any durometer numbers for the Quadboss 808. They are listed as a medium to hard terrain tire and DOT compliant.
My brother bought a duromter tester so when I got to Utah we tested them. For those that find this valuable to their riding and purchase information here are some known numbers from either online or personal tests.
Carnivore: 68
KM3: 58
Super ATV Warrior (sticky) 53
System 3 350s: 60
Braven Bloodaxe: 65
Roxzilla: 65
Roxzilla (sticky’s) In the 40s
Quadboss 808: 50 ( It was 48 in the sun, I would consider it a sticky )

My gamble paid off big. They performed great on slick rock. They did great on sand as far as staying up on top and not digging like the Carnivore. Not like your gonna hill climb like crazy with them but they got around the dunes very well. They are showing wear pretty quick like a sticky so I’m glad they were cheap. Not sure I’d get them to run on rocky desert terrain like I have hear at home for general use. I’ve run the KM3 for a couple days and my brother got the KM3 and we ran them with the 808 at sand hollow. I can’t say there is much difference and the KM3 will certainly out last the 808 for all around riding and still do about the same on slick rock but at a much higher purchase price.
Riding with the nephews, one has the 350s and one has the Warrior sticky’s. The warriors aren’t even close on slick rock to the 350s. There is also a lot of videos online showing that they can’t hold their own with Roxzilla sticky’s. They both say their KM3 were better than the 350s but the 350s do very well. When it comes to mud and snow the Warriors are flat amazing!

With Roxzilla currently unavailable, these 808s may get really popular for the crawling world if people discover them, especially at a much cheaper price point. I believe 32 is the largest size however.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Will stock 2021 RZR Pro XP wheels fit an RMAX4? Have a guy basically giving me a new set but not sure if I can run them. I know bolt pattern is the same but unsure about offset/wheel stud size.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Will stock 2021 RZR Pro XP wheels fit an RMAX4? Have a guy basically giving me a new set but not sure if I can run them. I know bolt pattern is the same but unsure about offset/wheel stud size.
Stud size is the same at 12mm Polaris is 1.5 thread and Rmax is 1.25.
Here is a link that provides everything. You can compare the offsets to the ones in the first post in this thread.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts