Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Big Boy\Seat Riser Mod continued.

The bolts you'll need are M8 x 1.25. I chose 70 mm long, which are a bit too long if you're only raising about 1" in height. I think I had to swap that rear bolt out for a 40 mm long bolt as if you have too long a bolt, it bottoms out on the seat frame bracket. The other 3 bolt holes clear with no obstruction.

To make your spacers, you'll need to make something 1.75" wide and 7.75" long to avoid the slider rivets. I'm using wood as my spacer and cut it to fit

Inserted underneath the stock brackets

Flip over and mark your bolt holes and drill, making your holes slightly larger than necessary for fudge factor

Bolted in place

View from underneath

Passenger side stock height, look at the seat to center console crease

Driver side comparison to console

Pretty obvious from the back the driver seat is raised

Less space between the seat and kidney killer

Took me about an hour to complete and is completely reversible. Driving test to follow.
Massive, how is this mod holding up? I'm 6'2" and the pedal/leg angle kills me. I end up getting cramps in my calves so this is a HUGE benefit mod to me if it helps that out at all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Massive, how is this mod holding up? I'm 6'2" and the pedal/leg angle kills me. I end up getting cramps in my calves so this is a HUGE benefit mod to me if it helps that out at all.

Works great! Throttle modulation is much easier. I still want to pair it up with Throttle Max \ DIY Throttle Max at some point.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Works great! Throttle modulation is much easier. I still want to pair it up with Throttle Max \ DIY Throttle Max at some point.
I just put a throttle max on the other week, it works wonders. They don't have the model specific to the X2 yet, but you can get the original wolverine and just bore the hole out a little bit to get the bolt to fit through easier.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They don't have the model specific to the X2 yet, but you can get the original wolverine and just bore the hole out a little bit to get the bolt to fit through easier.

They do have one for the X2.
It is on the last page of their website.

Reactions: jasonlewis995

·
Registered
227 Posts
Piston, is that an adjustable coolant valve, restricted Y (one side larger than the other) or a standard Y fitting installed?

I went out riding yesterday and my passengers asked me to unzip the windows because they were getting too hot (they were wearing multiple layers). Ironically we were also at 41 F but I do have my radiator partially blocked off.
How did you attached the hose behind the radiator?

Also, do you get dust up throw the vents? Or did you add some sort of filtration?

Also, with the engine cover front raised a little, do you notice any dust or debris coming in?

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

Also, do you get dust up throw the vents? Or did you add some sort of filtration?

Also, with the engine cover front raised a little, do you notice any dust or debris coming in?
I zip tied it making sure the zip tie cleared the fan (drilled a hole in the PVC on each end). I never get dust through them but then again in the winter/cooler months there's not as much dust to no dust. Same thing goes for raising the engine cover.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Thanks

I zip tied it making sure the zip tie cleared the fan (drilled a hole in the PVC on each end). I never get dust through them but then again in the winter/cooler months there's not as much dust to no dust. Same thing goes for raising the engine cover.
Thank you. I'm wondering if you could build the air dam similar to that one for the rhino so you can open and close it behind the radiator.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Thank you. I'm wondering if you could build the air dam similar to that one for the rhino so you can open and close it behind the radiator.
Anything is possible. I was thinking of modding it with a butterfly valve and/or Y-adapter so I can convert it from a heater to a fresh air intake.

·
Far from stock
955 Posts
Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just bought a "new" 2018 Wolverine R-Spec EPS and I am trying to make it street legal . . . bought a Kit from the dealership with the purchase but I do see a good spot to install the horn . . . any pictures or suggestions would be great

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I used a Stebel mini Air Horn. Here in the forum, recently, "NoLoad" said that Stebel is going out of business, that is a shame. I felt like they have a pretty good horn for the money, that is loud. I made a bracket that I mounted the horn to that bolts to the existing bolts for the oil cooler where the horn is just above the oil cooler. Stays well protected there and isn't exposed to much water even when washing.

Little Miller, since you haven't added a signature so we know exactly what all you have on your Wolverine, and since you did not say it is an X4, and the X2 did not come out until 2019 models; I took it that you have a Gen. 1 708 Wolverine, even though you posted in the X2/X4 section. Either way maybe my picture will give you an idea.
Air Horn location labeled.jpg

Reactions: robert.w.smith.76
141 - 154 of 154 Posts