·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·

·
Registered
78 Posts
This UTV Driver article was complete waste of time. Zero pictures of the concept. 2 pictures from 100feet away? I'm guessing they were no where near these machines and just wrote this based on Yamaha's released details. I am very interested in the overland concept but got nothing from that article

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,251 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #846 ·
Got to see the new models in person, but unfortunately no XTR in stealth black.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'm really liking the Sport RMAX. My brother is looking at a 2 seater RMAX so just maybe I can talk him into that one. He liked 21 blue 2 seat LE but I think the Sport would be more up his alley.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #849 ·

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #850 ·
KRX vs RMAX sled pull remastered. Thanks Jay and Tim for documenting this awesome feat:

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #855 · (Edited)
Boooooooooooom!!!!!!

".....that gives the 2022 General XP 1000 Trailhead Edition a final score of 370.5 with the tires set to the factory recommended air pressure. That also means our reigning champion, the 2021 Yamaha RMAX2 Limited Edition, a close competitor to the General, remains undefeated with its score of 706.5"

It's called the 'Trailhead Edition' because it's good for getting to the trailhead, where you then park it and jump in your RMAX 1000 and conquer the actual trails :D

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
551 Posts
Boooooooooooom!!!!!!

".....that gives the 2022 General XP 1000 Trailhead Edition a final score of 370.5 with the tires set to the factory recommended air pressure. That also means our reigning champion, the 2021 Yamaha RMAX2 Limited Edition, a close competitor to the General, remains undefeated with its score of 706.5"

It's called the 'Trailhead Edition' because it's good for getting to the trailhead, where you then park it and jump in your RMAX 1000 and conquer the actual trails :D
370? :LOL:
What does the XP Pro Turbo have? That's the RMAX2's competitor these days. We just have a pickup bed instead of a mount for all the fire extinguishers. True story. ;)

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 ·
To be fair, the 'Trailhead Edition' has a rear sway bar, but I say take both sway bars off the 'Trailhead Edition' and take the front sway bar off on the RMAX2 and do the tests again. I'll bet bank the RMAX2 will still destroy it.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I’ve been wanting to do a real world test of my machine, how it is when I go crawl. You finally inspired me.

I set up a ramp at a true 20 degrees this afternoon. Sway bar disconnected and 9 psi in the 32” tires which of course helps the score but that’s where I generally ride, and sometimes I crawl at 7 front and 8 rear.

It traveled 75” up the ramp and scores

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
551 Posts
I’ve been wanting to do a real world test of my machine, how it is when I go crawl. You finally inspired me.

I set up a ramp at a true 20 degrees this afternoon. Sway bar disconnected and 9 psi in the 32” tires which of course helps the score but that’s where I generally ride, and sometimes I crawl at 7 front and 8 rear.

It traveled 75” up the ramp and scores
Mean Green Machine FTW! (y)

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,540 Posts
Mean Green Machine FTW! (y)
Yep, I made the swaybar disconnects and never used them, swaybar has been disco'd ever since. I think they only put it on there because they thought they had to, I don't think it needs it, and that's why there is no rear swaybar either. Kind of gives the machine a trophy truck feel, and iv'e had no issues with any off camber or high speed cornering on the soft shock setting. If I'm going to be banging on it hard, I may switch to medium.

841 - 860 of 860 Posts