Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my YXZ Wheel in yesterday, and installed last night. I love the feeling of it over stock. Getting the stock wheel off was a pain but other than that, i'm pumped on it for 60 bucks. Its thicker, won't be as cold as the stock plastic one, and feels a whole lot better.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
You do the ratchet strap trick to get it off? Strap to back roll bar and tighten then bump the steering wheel around with a rubber mallet.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Looks good! The YXZ Steering wheel is on my short list for sure! Any pointers for removal and install would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Sounds simple enough lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just beat it around with the mallet, hit the splines a few times and it popped right off

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rode with it this weekend and I love it! So much easier to hold onto when your bouncing around and I love how its thicker. I bought it at a dealership, we're good friends and they make me good deals :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is what I sent to my dealer to price. It came back at $89 bucks for all of it.

Wheel, Steering
2HC-F3838-00-00

Nut, Self-Locking
90185-12008-00

Washer
92990-12200-00

Cover, Steering
2HC-F3818-00-00

Tuning Fork Mark
1XD-F175B-01-00

Nut, Spring - 2 of these
90183-06071-00

·
Registered
510 Posts
Is this everything I need to use the yxz wheel or can I use some of my old wolverine parts?
This is what I sent to my dealer to price. It came back at $89 bucks for all of it.

Wheel, Steering
2HC-F3838-00-00

Nut, Self-Locking
90185-12008-00

Washer
92990-12200-00

Cover, Steering
2HC-F3818-00-00

Tuning Fork Mark
1XD-F175B-01-00

Nut, Spring - 2 of these
90183-06071-00

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
You keep adding yxz parts.....before long you'll have 2 yxz's

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Ordered up a YXZ steering wheel and hardware yesterday at my dealer. Comparing the two wheels with gloves on made the descision easy for me, slippery plastic or gripping rubber, plus the shape is so much nicer for my big hands.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I only glanced quickly at the stock wheel, but for those that have done it, how does the center cap of the sock one attach? Is it just clipped on there or do you have to try and get a screwdriver in behind to get some fasteners undone?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It has 4 pain in the butt plastic squeeze pins things built into the cover and goes into holes in the steering wheel. Really easy to get on but not off. No room to get back there with some needle nose pliers to close them to ease the cap off. I ended up using a screw driver and prying the cover off. Tried to take it easy but the 2 bottom ones broke one of the sides of the pins.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I ordered mine today. Only the tuning fork mark is back ordered and everything else should be here this week. Friend that works the parts counter at the dealer hooked me up. What would have been $130 at list price, he got it all for $83!

Reactions: VTpoolman

·
Registered
718 Posts
The YXZ wheels, steering wheel fit fine and so do the seats! Just have to remove the upper from the YXZ brackets and put them on the Wolverine brackets. Bolt hole size and location are the exact same.

View attachment 7754
View attachment 7762
View attachment 7770
What are the differences in the seats other than the colors? Are the YXZ ones padded better or have better side bolstering? Seeing your pics and thinking how sweet the blue seats would look in the blue wolvy.

Reactions: Rider 414
1 - 20 of 65 Posts