Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image.jpeg I tried out the 27s off my yxz yesterday at top trails and was impressed with the ground clearance. I rode in low most of the day being we stayed around twenty mph. Have to say the wolvy handles the slow stuff better than the yxz with its current gearing. But the tranny is on the way to tube works. image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
What tires you going with on the YXZ? With the reduction sky's the limit. Thinking about 30" or 32" Outback max's just for giggles. Can't get this out of my head.

YXZ-BA.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
How did 27" bighorns do??? Could you still kick the rearend out around corners ? Plus did they help ground clearance???Dying to know fixing to pull trigger on new bighorns and trying to decide 26 or 27

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Going up 1" in actual tire size only gains you 1/2" in ground clearance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My stock ones measured 24 the yxz measure 26.5. It performed well with these on. I like this 27 bighorn for trail riding

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gotcha on that but stock 26 aren't 26 and I am looking at 27" original Bighorns but don't want to loose the ability to kick the back end around corners!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Bama, can you measure the front and rear width with the YXZ tire/rims. Just curious if I actually need spacers. Right now with 5+2 offset STI 14" HD6 wheels and Mayhem tires my front is 64" even and rear is 63 1/2"

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Finally got mine on. It needed the 2" spacers on rear because with the 2" lift at full extension the rear tires were hitting the shocks. The fronts were fine but could probably use a 1" spacer. Think I'll keep it as is since I don't want any more bump steer. It feels really good and planted driving it around. The mud tires are definitely more squirrely on hard surfaces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts