Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this beauty last week and am getting started on my build. My intended use is pure recreational. Mostly exploring tight Utah mountain trails. It will see plenty of desert and rocks in Moab and Southern Utah as well. Family of 4 with kids just out of car seats. My plans are to make this as safe, comfortable and reliable as possible.
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

I had the dealer install the USA glass windshield, OEM soft rear window and Rico street legal kit. Ive got some OEM and aftermarket parts on the way. More to come.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
310 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
New wheels and tires +spare: Method Racing 409 15X7, BFG KM3 30X10r15

I really like the stock wheels, I just wish they weren’t staggered. I didn’t have time to mount them, but I will get it done soon. I’m also planning on dropping the spare tire about 3 inches. The height difference is substantial. More pics to come once mounted.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Window

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Synthetic rubber
Tire Wheel Building Window Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,360 Posts
Why are all the rear wheels so close to the panel cutouts on all years/model. So much clearance above and behind but never really enough on the front ahead of the rear tire. Especially when the wheel travels up in the suspension travel. By default this limits a lot of tire upgrades making them hit and rub.

It looks good. LOL

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
234 Posts
Looks really nice. I have an issue with the spare tire rack though? Do you plan on putting a back window on for dust control? I can't see any way of doing that with that mount. It is a nice mount but it is going to become very apparent that you need something in the back once you install the windshield.

I really like the wheels and tires you chose looks great. Not sure it needs the spacer because it will be flinging mud up the side as it is now.

When I get my wheels and tires I am ordering the 1" spacers for the back but if I have that issue there coming off. No one makes a good extended flare yet for the back. If the tires sit inside the rear fenders it will be as wide as stock and I am okay with that.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@ RmaxUt074 - You’re correct on the rear cover. I have the OEM soft cover that will not work with the tire mounted on the carrier. I am not sure of a solution yet, but a spare tire and extra fuel (will go on driver side) are more important to me than dust control. BTW, your full enclosure looks great.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Looks really nice. I have an issue with the spare tire rack though? Do you plan on putting a back window on for dust control? I can't see any way of doing that with that mount. It is a nice mount but it is going to become very apparent that you need something in the back once you install the windshield.

I really like the wheels and tires you chose looks great. Not sure it needs the spacer because it will be flinging mud up the side as it is now.

When I get my wheels and tires I am ordering the 1" spacers for the back but if I have that issue there coming off. No one makes a good extended flare yet for the back. If the tires sit inside the rear fenders it will be as wide as stock and I am okay with that.
View attachment 98808 View attachment 98809 View attachment 98810
Forgive me if this not relevant. I have a Rmx4le and put the oem soft rear window in. I had a bar clamp tire mount I kept from my 2020 wolvy x4. I had to modify one stud as the Rmx bolt pattern is different. I cut a 2" hole in the window and ran the tire mount through it. This was a temp solution. Surprisingly this has worked pretty well. I am running 30" Maxxis Liberty's and the tire barely fits between roof line and the tailgate. I will be purchasing the Dirt Road Fabrications bed extender with tire mount and Rotopax. IMO this is the best solution for all storage needs.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 31 Posts