Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,365 Posts
Anyone getting one on their Canadian Units. Our one year warranty is not near enough especially if some of these drive tell breaks scenarios are being pushed back on owners.
I have not heard if its all the same or not warranty upgrade.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Rmax 1000 4seater Le
108 Posts
For the 4 year and how longer ago did you purchase it from them?
Yes,four year,got mine 5/27/21.Finance guy said cost was $750.00.I said can am dealer or you.Ebay has them at times.Knoxville Honda,Yamaha selling alot of all kind of Rmaxs.They have SIX two seater Le ,sold 4 last week ,le,4seaters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone getting one on their Canadian Units. Our one year warranty is not near enough especially if some of these drive tell breaks scenarios are being pushed back on owners.
I have not heard if its all the same or not warranty upgrade.
Just bought an rmax2 , two weeks ago or so , paid $2000 for an extra 2 years warranty ,crazy I know , but for the money I paid for the machine and there first year, didn't want any unfore seen exspences. suppose to be no deductable warranty

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,365 Posts
2 additional years? Even that is a lot.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Rmax 1000 4seater Le
108 Posts
Just bought an rmax2 , two weeks ago or so , paid $2000 for an extra 2 years warranty ,crazy I know , but for the money I paid for the machine and there first year, didn't want any unfore seen exspences. suppose to be no deductable warranty
It's worth it as you may need it.Some Rmaxs got serious problems. Glad to have one myself.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
275 Posts
$850 for a total of 4 1/2 years of coverage is a pretty good deal. Also, if you are like me, you may want to sell and upgrade within that period. Marketing a used machine with a full active warranty will get you MUCH more than an additional $850 when you do go to sell it.

In short...you will get that money back when you sell it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Who has the best price on extended warranties, and are they worth the money???
I also went with big pine Motorsports the “retail” on 4 year YES warranty plan is $1500 when I bought my 2021 RMAX4 in upstate NY my selling dealer quoted me $1200 after I just dropped $24k on my machine I spent $850 with Jarred at big pine for the YES 4year and I never add the warranty at Walmart or Best Buy on electronic purchase I tell the teller I understand the up sell but I’m all set😀when I bought my 2019 x2 se I didn’t buy the extended and over time I hear the stories of failures and prices of repair I find myself easing up on pounding on it but with Rmax with the Yes plan I let her eat all the time with attitude if breaks I’m covered

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Who has the best price on extended warranties, and are they worth the money???
Take it from a former dealer sales rep. Extended warranties are a bet against the house. The odds are ALWAYS in the house’s favor. House will win 9 out of 10 hands. If it wasn’t lucrative for the house, you think they would sell ext warranties? Roll the dice. Good luck

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
234 Posts
My friend your dealer ripped you off. Anything you think you saved some where in the deal got put back on when they sold you that warranty. I agree and I am getting it as well. But for 4 years and cost is 850.00 and is exactly the same warranty everyone is getting. After hearing that YOU might want to go talk to your dealer.

·
Premium Member
2021 Wolverine RMAX2 1000
191 Posts
I got my YES warranty from Jarod at Big Pine it was $850. He’s a nice guy but very hard to get ahold of it took me like a month of texting him and calling him to finally get him finalize the sale and take my money.
I still never got him to return my texts or calls for all the fluids for my first service. I finally had to buy fluids off eBay.
He must be so busy selling toys he has no time to sell parts.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Rmax4 1000 LE
30 Posts
Paid $675.00 for 4 year Y.E.S. last week. Bought one month prior to 6 month warranty expiring from Rusty at Hauck Power Sports in Rice Lake, WI. where we bought our 2021 Wolverine x4 XT-R 850. Same price I was quoted at initial purchase of the x4 SxS.
Im also in WI and will call Rusty today! I would like to buy the YES warranty as well. Best I could find otherwise was $850. Hope he will work with me on it!

Edit - Ahh, might only be $675 because you bought the 850 model, not the RMAX 1000 I am looking at:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Paid $675.00 for 4 year Y.E.S. last week. Bought one month prior to 6 month warranty expiring from Rusty at Hauck Power Sports in Rice Lake, WI. where we bought our 2021 Wolverine x4 XT-R 850. Same price I was quoted at initial purchase of the x4 SxS.
When I bought my 2018 Wolverine X4 new, dealer was asking about $1250 for 5 year YES. I shopped around and found Big Pine at the time was about $575. Dealer told me I couldn't buy YES on-line. I asked them "Why not?". They said, "Because.". I told the dealer to take it up with Yamaha. Eventually, dealer met the $575 YES pricing and I was happy. They were a good dealer and I wasn't trying to cheat them, but some things you just need to shop around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts