Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Right. Don't get me wrong, I've never bought a Fram filter and swore I never would.
However, like I said, some engineers have talked me into at least giving it some thought and even testing the Ultra.

I mainly run Bosch & Purolator on my autos.
Back in the day from Bob's oil page, I was going to give MAHLE a try, but IIRC, it was made in China.
I don't buy China for their lack of quality control.
To each their own.
Yamaha oil filters would be a lower volume item I don’t think they would be cloning them.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,794 Posts
All marketing, see the Youtube comments. LOL
Next oil change I am going to cut open my HiFlow filter which does use the round O-style seal as well. I never heard of foam for filtration and pleated media has been used in auto, suv's, truck etc for generations. Nothing wrong with it. At double the price its not going to make a difference as long as the used filter is filtering (bypass stays closed, media flowing required volume). PSI is quite low so how do they think the filter housing is going to blow up or explode.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Yamaha oil filters would be a lower volume item I don’t think they would be cloning them.
China clones anything and everything they can make a Yuan on.

Amazon was forced to crack down on many items and many fake reviews, so it's been going on for a long time .
And that's the ones that got caught.

I don't buy anything on there anymore that's worthy quality unless the main products page links to them as a source and even then that chance is slim.

Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,794 Posts
I do and validate as best I can. My key goto is looking for a product that is both Sold by Amazon and Shipped by Amazon. Its purchased by them and unlike other items which are only fulfilled by Amazon are 3rd party stores using the Amazon site.

Reactions: SKELLEY521

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
201 Posts
China clones anything and everything they can make a Yuan on.

Amazon was forced to crack down on many items and many fake reviews, so it's been going on for a long time .
And that's the ones that got caught.

I don't buy anything on there anymore that's worthy quality unless the main products page links to them as a source and even then that chance is slim.
A+++ :LOL:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Now you got me thinking the last filter number from amazon was 5GH-13440-61 and the two i just got in the mail are 5GH-13440-60 they look the same when i change oil i am cutting the old one open just to take a look. It’s the one that’s on there now that makes me worry with the number ending in 61 that part number changed I believe 5gh-13440-60 is the original part number. Unfortunately this is the world we live in today full of scammers and democrats it’s terrible.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,794 Posts
I ran into that when I got mine, old number superseded. I guess they weren't good enough for some reason. LOL

Reactions: Hahny
61 - 70 of 70 Posts