Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
Hiflofiltro HF204RC Black Single Oil Filters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6EHK02/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ATC1JJ7GCS7V238MVW4M
Coming from Amazon and being cheap it makes me a little worried it’s a Chinese knock off. I can’t figure out how to order off the high flow site it would just be a lot easier to order from Amazon.
I use those in my machine. they are a quality filter. Go to HiFlow website and read. Apparently that filter fits the family of Yamaha engines as well as others in their cross references. I had already looked into it out of curiousity. The nut on the top makes installing and removing a real Dream !!

In Canada I ordered them from Canada's Motorcycle Powersport Online Store | FortNine Canada

Reactions: Simmshunter

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have used that brand on other machines with no issues. I have been using Tusk on my wolverines.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Try these: Wix 51358, purolator PL1461, Napa 1358 oil filters

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Try these: Wix 51358, purolator PL1461, Napa 1358 oil filters
Wix 51358 from Amazon for me. I’d be willing to bet the NAPA is the exact same filter made by Wix on the same line. They just change the paint color and the label.

Wix 51358XP is extended performance. I’ve used them several times. They used to be a couple of dollars more but now on Amazon they are double the price. I won’t extend my service schedule so there’s no point in paying twice as much.

Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
If you're constrained removing the filter then the Nut On the End is a godsend!!! I'll never go back. I didn't think mine would be too bad. But the last oem filter took me two days and trying every wrench I could buy or borrow as well as home made solutions. It nearly didn't come off. Until you're wrenching in the space provided you have no idea what you're in for, that I can guarantee.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I've tried various Hi-Flow filters and I don't like any of them.
The oil was changed very early each time and it was way to dark to my liking.
My next filter will be Fram XG7317.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
I've heard horror stories about the current day Frams. Was my filter of choice for years. Not anymore.
I wouldn't put a Fram on anything at any price. I got a ton of choices and Wix is good but pricey here form the one source. I rather stay away from no name companies as well. At least Hiflow is making their filters and you have a contact if needed. My oil was not darker than any other time with Yamaha filters. Rich fuel running will make it go dark due to carbon...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm running the hiflow on my machine currently. As long as you don't torque the filter on by the end nut it should be fine. Use the end nut for removal only.

I used a strap wrench to snug it up. I may go back to OEM filters after this since using a toyota cap style filter wrench seems just as easy for removal as the nut.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Removal of the factory installed oil filter was difficult. It was way too tight!

Reactions: Blkjax11

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I've heard horror stories about the current day Frams. Was my filter of choice for years. Not anymore.
They were junk, but they fixed the collapsing issue with the release of the XG.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
204 Posts
They were junk, but they fixed the collapsing issue with the release of the XG.
Well that's nice to know. I'm an old dog now. Might take me time to learn some new tricks. I switched to Wix about 10 years ago for all my vehicles after using Fram for decades. Thanks for reassuring us they fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,795 Posts
I also used Wix exclusively for all the family vehicles for at least 3 decades. I could get them at a good price in the Toronto area but where I am now retired its twice the price. Occasionally I still do or oem filters.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
204 Posts
I also used Wix exclusively for all the family vehicles for at least 3 decades. I could get them at a good price in the Toronto area but where I am now retired its twice the price. Occasionally I still do or oem filters.
Have you tried Rock Auto?
$7.22 US. Shipping can be costly. Just order 4-5 of them to make it worth the cost of shipping.
Wix 51358 was referenced by Doc T here in this thread. I'm not absolutely positive that they fit the Wolverine Rmax or X models.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
I know the last kit I got from the dealer had a KN-204 filter IIRC.
If you cross reference that on Wix site, they note product WL10000. Link

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
It was a KN-204-1

1 - 20 of 70 Posts