Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering a YES extended warranty before the 6 month factory warranty expires. Has anyone had experience using the warranty? Do you have to prove all maintenance was performed by dealer or individual? Worth the $. The money would buy some nice accessories.

Someone on eBay is offering a 4 year Wolverine YES warranty for around $500 and is transferable to a new owner if sold.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
We are considering a YES extended warranty before the 6 month factory warranty expires. Has anyone had experience using the warranty? Do you have to prove all maintenance was performed by dealer or individual? Worth the $. The money would buy some nice accessories.

Someone on eBay is offering a 4 year Wolverine YES warranty for around $500 and is transferable to a new owner if sold.
I used it on my grizz, but honestly, for what I paid it was not worth it. Also, I did not have to prove service or anything, but that will be dealer dependent. On the wolverine, I got 5 years of warranty just because they practically gave it to me for free. They were running a promotion for buying $1k in accessories, and getting the warranty for 3 years free or something, then paid like $200 for the last two years. I only got it because it was a good deal, and it was the first model year for the engine. However, if you are looking at buying it now, after the fact, I am not sure it's worth it. I suppose it depends how much an engine costs really, because most other items will be less than you would pay for the warranty itself I would think.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am going to use the money to buy a shop manual. Each person will have a different view. Some will take it to the shop without hesitation. I still enjoy turning a wrench. I would not have what I have today if I had not learned to do it myself.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You are so right, I bought the manual myself and plan to do the simple maintenance myself. $400 for All fluids is crazy and it's never done to suit me. However I know my limitations and that's why I bought the yes warrenty. I would like to take it to the dealer but I have little confidence in them so like you I'll save any way I can.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You are so right, I bought the manual myself and plan to do the simple maintenance myself. $400 for All fluids is crazy and it's never done to suit me. However I know my limitations and that's why I bought the yes warrenty. I would like to take it to the dealer but I have little confidence in them so like you I'll save any way I can.
You are correct. Although You may exceed you limitations with help. The Harley forum I belong to is a super resourse, with help from members on the HTT site. I marshalled the courage to rebuild/replace all parts in the cam chest.( Just one of many projects with there help.) It felt good to keep the grand in labor but even better was the feeling of having done the work myself. I can still remember at the start of the job with bolt cutter on the push rods thinking if I do this there is no turning back. I was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I have it but not really sure if its worth it. From the couple claims I've seen on here Yamaha seems really strict on if they'll warranty thing, which I don't blame them. I'm seriously thinking about doing a sheave and I can almost guarantee if you do they will no longer honor the drivetrain.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have an extended warranty offered by the dealer that is transferable and covers just about every thing, even if the vehicle is modded. I forget what it cost and who its through. I was told by the finance guy (a friend of mine) that he had a guy with a grizzly 700 on 30in mud tires destroy the trans and all he paid was the $25 deductible. I told him I'm sold. why not I'll pay the extra for the slight peace of mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts