Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought mine in June. I had waited to jump to a side by side till I found a machine that would do a little of everything.
Here is what I have done with my machine
2 trips to the Colorado Rockies
5 trips to the mark Twain National Forrest in Missouri
2 trips to the Mill Creek area in NW Arkansas
3 trips to the drag strip as pit/tow vehicle
Countless trips to the store/ gas station ( we can ride around here on the roads)
Every day use on my mini farm
And finally
My friend and his elderly neighbors homes flooded for the first time ever last weekend
He and I made countless trips from the back side through a knee deep mud pasture and steep ravine to haul their valuables and pets to safety. They tried to do it with a tractor and buried it. I got close to getting stuck a couple of times.
Pretty happy with my rig.
There are a few things need improvement.
Happy new year!

·
Registered
31 Posts
What part of CO did you go ride ? I have been hunting the south western part for several years and have decided that in stead of tromping around in the mountains with your tongue hanging out and turning blue from the altitude I will return this coming summer and see the best of it from a sxs. I love my Wolverine , the only thing that I would change is to add a bit more leg room .

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have close to 3,500 miles and 460 hours on mine and had issues with my shocks sagging and have a broken exhaust header pipe,but other than that has run great.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
New springs. Almost all springs will settle.. Just like with the YXZ.. people hop in with 0 miles and say the ride isn't smooth as a XP. After 300 miles or so, they settle in and it's a very nice ride. Kind of a damn if you do and damn if you don't with manufactures. That's why you shouldn't really touch the suspension until it's broken in well.

Hopefully some day there'll be a nice dual spring kit for the Wolverine. Schmity racing offered to make a set up for the Wolverine but he could never get someone to lend him one to do the setup on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The pre load on the shocks is adjustable on mine, Cant you just tighten preload as they sag?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'd say it is a very versatile machine. Love mine it runs great rides great for the most part. Did have an engine problem. Had a pinched drain/vent hose for the water pump and oil pump seals. The water pump seal was leaking and coolant got into the oil side of the engine, it couldn't get out the drain due to it being pinched. Got that fixed. Noticed last night there is a oil drip on mine. Not coming out the oil filter or the drain plug. So yamyha gets to find it!! Cause I ain't putting a wrench on the bike after I just bought that 4 year warranty. I'm sure it is from the work they did to the motor. Something is loose or a gasket leaking.

·
Registered
388 Posts
trail cutter thanks, i took it to the dealer and they found that it was an oil line on the engine, the oil line has a crush washer/gasket, they admitted they reused the crush washer when they did the engine work to mine a few months back and that the washer ain't holding. so they are ordering some and will replace it. it wasn't a bad leak but a leak nonetheless.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live in canon city and will be up in the Salida Buena Vista area this summer. There are a cpl lakes I want to get to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts