Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The parts shop i go to said the warn vantage 3000 is junk but the pro vantage is a good winch has anyone had any problems with the winch yamaha provides when you used it just wondering......

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
was told by my dealer the pro vantage is for hi usage. i went with the 3500 pro vantage. and put synthetic rope one it. the super winch looks god. and cheaper. same bolt mounting pattern. i have a 2003 2500 warn winch that the motor is no good. and am going to try the super winch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used a ProVantage 2500 on my Rhino and pulled out a handful of fullsize trucks with it. I have a ProVantage 3500S on my Wolverine and have only used it once so far to pull a RZR 1000 out of a mudhole.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
^^^^Nice^^^^ Love to see those big 'ol RZR's on the being towed out end!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Have the 3500 and used it at least 100 times so far. LOL Pull more than a few people out each trip it seems. Along, with myself :D It's a workhorse winch for sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey folks just bought a new wolvie and got the winch promo from yamaha it will be in a few weeks from now just wondering how hard it is to install it is a full it as I understand it

·
Registered
718 Posts
It's not a bad install. I'm nowhere close to being a worthy mechanic and it only took me a couple hours to put mine on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guy new to forum, just brought a new r spec camo today. got the winch on promo. just wondering if it just mine or do they not come with the power wires and dash mounted switch. or is it like the polaris sportsman it has the power wires already on it from factory.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i see Yamaha offers a second battery kit. Those with stock machines with the single battery, how well does your battery hold up with your normal winch use.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
I'm asking if it drains the single battery.
You'll be fine for normal winching, very few guys have dual batteries on their ATV's/SxS's. A battery tender hooked up after riding is always a good idea.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I hope to not get stuck that often.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just a heads up for folks installing the Provantage winch. Do not use the short leads that come with the winch since it places the contactor too low on the machine. The contactor is only water resistant and if it gets submerged it could stop working. Make sure it is located under the hood near the firewall where it can stay nice and dry. I didn’t realize it was simply water resistant and after a dip in a mud hole it stopped working. I must have had it submerged dozens of times without a problem, but that fateful dip was one too many. The warn service center told me that Yamaha developed the specifications for the winch and that they never should have went with the short leads. Nonetheless, warn replaced my contactor but that won’t help you on the trail. Their advice was to keep it as high as possible.

Reactions: blast and Stroodle

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good to know...I mounted my wireless receiver on the firewall but did leave my contactor on the front grill area as directed in the Yamaha install paperwork...might have to rethink that. Thanks mvarner!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Provantage is a better winch. I was told the 4500# Provantage would not fit in my X2, so I went with 4500. Others have stated it does fit. Go as big as you can, I have never heard anyone say my winch is too powerful.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
3,874 Posts
Mine was dealer installed and the solenoid is up high near the top of the front frame, right under the hood.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ive beat the crap out of my Yamaha branded warn vantage 3000 and it still works.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts