Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Massive, have you ever splashed water into the rad and got steamed out inside thru the duct? Also, I've seen those fans before, are they blowing right on the windshield, or just kind of across it, or just circulating to keep the fog down? Oh I see how the fans are in another pic. Looks like they can rotate as well to blow on you if wanted.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
There aren't many deep streams around here in the Southern Black Hills so no I haven't. I have them set up to blow onto the windshield. They're great as I have no fogging issues either in cold snowy conditions, nor in rainy humid ones either.

·
Registered
104 Posts
A few more mods:

'Save your jugular' mod relocating the seat belt anchor lower by utilizing the existing holes there. You'll need a slightly smaller nut and bolt unless you want to drill the hole larger

Added a dual fan setup to fight window fogging. Nice and compact and out of the way. Wired it directly to accessory plugs.

I'm constantly reorganizing to improve storage efficiency. I'm storing soft items such as blankets/clothes above the front driver/passenger. Helmets stored right behind.

I added some hooks to hang backpacks on.

Still have leg room.

What cargo net is that you found that works above the front seats?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
What cargo net is that you found that works above the front seats?

The motorcycle helmet nets from Harbor Freight work the best as they provide the best tension and less gap in the netting. I'm stepping up my game and I'm installing the Yamaha OEM cargo box. The nets are nice, especially for temporarily securing certain items but when you get in the rough stuff, the swinging of items can be a distraction. Stay tuned for my review.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The motorcycle helmet nets from Harbor Freight work the best as they provide the best tension and less gap in the netting. I'm stepping up my game and I'm installing the Yamaha OEM cargo box. The nets are nice, especially for temporarily securing certain items but when you get in the rough stuff, the swinging of items can be a distraction. Stay tuned for my review.
After my near rollover I've been thinking I need to do a better job of securing my items too. It would have been a s*** show inside my Wolvie if we went all the way over. From now on, everything is going to be securely fastened without relying on gravity or hope.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good points. I was thinking about adding them mainly for storage of extra clothing for changing weather, not so much heavy/hard items

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
After my near rollover I've been thinking I need to do a better job of securing my items too. It would have been a s*** show inside my Wolvie if we went all the way over. From now on, everything is going to be securely fastened without relying on gravity or hope.
Glad you weren't hurt and I agree. I want my stuff more securely fastened and prepare for the worst.

Good points. I was thinking about adding them mainly for storage of extra clothing for changing weather, not so much heavy/hard items

They're great for that and your blankets/clothes will act as extra padding in a rollover. I may invest in some large zippered bags though so I can wash the interior of the cab and not worry about that stuff getting wet.

·
Registered
676 Posts
You're putting so many miles on your machine, we'll all have a full service manual by the end of the year. :D

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
A couple more mods.

Blocked off the front of my tunnel. Should help with dust\cold air\radiator heat migration in addition to my wheel-well block-offs. Just some black plastic with insulation behind it

If you ever had to remove your air filter housing you have to remove your plastic firewall piece, which means you also have to remove your windshield. Cutting off the lip on the back allows you to remove the air filter housing without having to remove that firewall.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #118

·
Registered
811 Posts
Not a single person including yours truly noticed my rear crossbar brace was upside down.
Mine is that way also. It was installed that way by the dealer. I didnt realize it untill I was looking at the parts breakdown on websites. I like it better upside down. You can see it in my signature picture.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill
101 - 120 of 154 Posts