Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up a few weeks ago, not running, but claims it started a few days ago. There was no way this machine started a few days ago after what I saw in the carb. But it's running now and I'll continue bringing it back to factory Yamaha as I ride it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ooo I always wanted a 225(and a Honda 250SX). My first 3 wheeler was a TriMoto 200. Ran the wheels off it. I would've given anything for the 225's full suspension and electric start. They were both wheelie monsters. Looks like a great project!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. It's in pretty good shape for 35 years old. :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it put back together and took it out for donuts. :)

20191207_163026.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Got it put back together and took it out for donuts. :)

View attachment 79288
I have nothing but fond memories of these machines. My dad and a bunch of his buddies all had 225Dxs. We rode a large sandy riding area every weekend along the missouri river. The hondas were faster but I guess the yamahas had the air intake higher and allowed them to work better for crossing the river. I had a tri zinger myself and eventually a honda 110 but I've always wanted to find one of theses yamahas. Very cool find and glad to see you restoring it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I clean it and paint it as I fix it. It's slowly coming around and this is how it looks today. The latest repair was tubes in the rear tires and while they were off I painted the axles, hubs and wheels. The front tire was a nightmare. The axle bolt was seized in the brake backing plate. While beating the s*** out of it, I broke the backing plate. I dropped the forks out to get different leverage on the axle bolt. Discovered both forks were bent which is why they didn't move up and down. Ordered new forks from ebay that came with an axle bolt. That axle bolt had a collar seized on it and it was stuck in the forks! LOL I'm running it like that, but I just got a new old axle with nothing seized on it. So the forks come back off tomorrow for a new axle bolt and paint! All of that was because I wanted a new front tire.

20200605_165658.jpg

Reactions: Paul65 and TN_Max

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and the tire!! I had to cut it off with a sawzall and when I got close to the rim I had to snip away at each steel wire running around the bead. It was a total of 3 days to get that tire free. Haha. So I took the rears to the tire shop for the tubes and he couldn't get the rear beads loose with his machine, but one was enough to get the tubes in.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Sweet! I've never driven a 3 wheeler. I have enough trouble keeping the X2 on all four wheels.

Reactions: Piston Yamaha

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet! I've never driven a 3 wheeler. I have enough trouble keeping the X2 on all four wheels.
It's a blast! I find myself leaning on every turn... probably something I didn't do as a teenager, but I can't imagine my body being thrown to the ground at this age. LOL

Reactions: Paul65
1 - 13 of 13 Posts