Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I put on over 19,000 miles on my 3 Polaris models, 2013 Ranger 900, 2012 RZR 570, and still have my 2011 RZR 900. Polaris has the fun factor and if you get a good one they hold up well for the owners that ride less then 500 miles a year. Check out the Polaris forums and you will see lots of serious problems and unhappy owners. Polaris builds with poor quality parts and also the build quality is sub standard. Having to beg for warranty sucks too. My warranty was turned down because I had too many miles on it in less then 6 months on my Ranger 900. After spending $47,000 with Polaris that was the last straw and they lost my business plus I need reliability. All 3 had lots of warranty claims and just due to the mileage on poor quality parts. Honda will hurt their Ranger 900 sales and Yamaha will hurt their high end Sport model sales especially in the next 5 years. I ordered the all new Yamaha Sport model. My Wolverine quality is amazing and I took it apart to check everything. All the coolant hose, brake lines, electrical wiring, and fuel lines were installed per automotive standards. The air Filter intake is up under the hood in a clean air location. The RZR S intake is under the bed. Most other models are on the side of the bed still a awful location. Try to rebuild a Polaris belt drive, most dealers can't or won't do it plus its only a couple hundred to replace everything like I did on my RZR 900 at about 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Oh and Polaris still has the seats too close together. Its OK for the wife but if you have a buddy along your going to feel a little bit GAY.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If Polaris had a reputation for reliability I would have bought one, but they don't. With what I need to do with a machine, going in the remote places I go with zero cell service I had to have something that was known to be reliable. I mean anything mechanical can fail at any time but we all know what brands hold the title for reliability and toughness. For the people that ride the populated trails with people everywhere that can pull them home Polaris's may not be a bad decision for them. It just aint for me. I go by what I see not what I hear with things like this. I've seen big red Honda 3 wheelers totally abused and old Yamaha big bears beaten to death with little to no maintenance that just wouldn't quit running. The ones today may not be as tough as the older models, I don't know, but they are still tough no doubt. Some cat brought his white loaded Polaris 900 xp ranger up to the place where I got my wolverine the other day I asked him what was wrong with it he said it had electrical problems that the battery wouldn't charge and this was the second time he had brought it to the shop he told me it had 1 mile on it he was pissed. This is just one story yes but ive heard many stories like this from Polaris owners.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Polaris guys can disconnect the voltage regulator and drive it home on the battery. It happens on the 2015 RZR 1000, ACE 570, and RZR 900. My buddies are pissed and don't expect Polaris to do a recall. I expect the new sport Yamaha will be better in everyway. The 2016 Polaris Turbo still has belt drive plus a starting price of $25,000.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Polaris guys can disconnect the voltage regulator and drive it home on the battery. It happens on the 2015 RZR 1000, ACE 570, and RZR 900. My buddies are pissed and don't expect Polaris to do a recall. I expect the new sport Yamaha will be better in everyway. The 2016 Polaris Turbo still has belt drive plus a starting price of $25,000.
Just took my sons new 900s back to dealer for the same issue. Not charging. When i rolled it off the trailer i was trying to score some points with the service manager and i said wow i love my wolverine i bought from you guys! He stopped and turned around and said "now there you go, thats what i go for. Reliability first."

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Just saw that Polaris announced their Turbo model with 144 hp. I'm sure that'll tear up some axles and diff's. Polaris quality with a turbo system is scary. You just know the first thing someone will do is get a boost controller and up the boost. Gonna be like all the Dodge Neon's popping.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just saw that Polaris announced their Turbo model with 144 hp. I'm sure that'll tear up some axles and diff's. Polaris quality with a turbo system is scary. You just know the first thing someone will do is get a boost controller and up the boost. Gonna be like all the Dodge Neon's popping.
haha. My buddy just sent me the video of the RZR turbo 1000. Too much power in the wrong place is bad. Great for the sand or high speed trails but you get stuck in a mud hole and gun it, you are in trouble. These things are going to need a conventional shiftable transmission. I imagine these belts are going through hell with this much power.

Saw a beautiful new DS Turbo abandoned at the outlaw trails last time in WV one of the rear hubs was completely ripped off and gone.

I'm not blaming the machine but the user being irresponsible with the power. With great power comes great responsibility.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Those Srt4 neon. Got down though..lol 12's all day long..lol

Well until the pop.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Those Srt4 neon. Got down though..lol 12's all day long..lol

Well until the pop.
haha. Well. 12s not all day long. More like 12s a few times :)

I remember those neons coming out to the viper drag days in the early 2000s. They would give some of the stock vipers a run but not for very long. A viper is 12s all day long. An over boosted 4 banger isn't :). Was impressive though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have friends with 10 second honda... Will do it all day..lol

But then again it's not stock with a boost controller..

Side note $25k is nuts when the mav is 18k and they can be found new at dealer for $16,999.

How do you justify 10hp for 9k more.... Plus the mav is a nicer unit.smh Polaris. I wonder if the polaris forum will get a ankle grab emoji.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have friends with 10 second honda... Will do it all day..lol

But then again it's not stock with a boost controller..

Side note $25k is nuts when the mav is 18k and they can be found new at dealer for $16,999.

How do you justify 10hp for 9k more.... Plus the mav is a nicer unit.smh Polaris. I wonder if the polaris forum will get a ankle grab emoji.
If they can sell it at that price, and they will, then it's priced right. Granted you could get a nice used jeep for that :)

·
Super Moderator
504 Posts
The price they sell for is determined by the dealer and a lot by the location. In my area the turbo models don't sell all that great, and on top of that we have two of the most aggressive dealerships in the US including the largest Polaris volume dealer, so what I am saying is that the actual selling price, after the initial surge will be quite a bit cheaper than list in some areas unless Polaris keeps production numbers low.

The Polaris has better shocks than the most expensive Maverick turbo and the list is only $1000 more. They will sell lots of them.

Oh, the wheel falling off of the Can Am is not a rare occurrence from what I read on the Maverick forums?

·
Super Moderator
504 Posts
I looked at that video and didn't even notice that it was new. LOL Just more speeded up footage of throwing dust in the desert.

Still doesn't show anything worthwhile. Why don't they just put the cards on the table instead of doing this cat and mouse bs.

So it is a triple, Great, like my SeaDoo. Why should I have to do a freeze frame for 10 minutes to figure it out?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Nice exhaust too. Those tubes on the sides looks like Shocks.. and there is a ton of thread for adjustments. Must be some serious travel there. Plus, you can see the coils in the reflection on the exhaust itself.

YamahanewExhaust.jpg

41 - 60 of 141 Posts