Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Manufacturers are getting really crafty with their introduction media. A few years ago they were just able to put out an image with the shadows turned way up, and the exposure way down. With the availability of photo editing software out there, they are having to take a different approach with new models.

Putting a full image of your new machine in a video and then on YouTube is risky as well. Someone, somewhere will have the time and the knowhow to steal that frame and expose your machine long before you want it out.

Enter the fast cut video that Yamaha released a moment ago. ^ The one up there ^ You get no full shots and if you try to pause it for a screen cap, you get a grainy mess. Even if you are able to get a crispy photo, you don't get much of the machine. Good work Yamaha.

The best whole shot of the machine I could snag, but I could not get any detail to come out in PS.

Vinyl seats with body colored inserts.

Aggressive and sharp hood. 4 lamp headlight system.

The shocks look to be a little tightly wound to be a super long throw shock to me though.

I will say though... The engine note sounds amazing!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm guessing it's not going to carry the Wolverine name if they go as extreme as they are making this machine out to be, but it would be cool if they did :cool:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm guessing from seeing the hood and headlights it will carry a similiar look to the Wolverine R Spec. Maybe the same frame, longer Aarms and Shocks possibly with a multi cylinder motor. Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
my guess not an atv. and as far as names as flach24 said iam guessing-banshee , avenger or maybe as a long shot warrior, but probably not warrior. i put my 2012 teryx up for sale last week, cause i knew this day would come!:cool: anybody interested??????????? IMG_0627.JPG old pic it now has the green painted plastics on it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dustin Nelson in his SR1 racing SxS. This guy is a factory test rider, Yamaha factory racer, and works for Yamaha and he's been racing these Yamaha R1 powered side by sides and kicking ass, just makes me wonder if there isn't a little research and development from these races going into the new September release :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
465 Posts
Monday at noon........................................

Reset. What was thought to be perfectly clear will not be so clear.

Do you really think Polaris is sitting on its a$$ waiting for Yamaha to pass them up?

RZR's trading up to new ????. I sure hope Yamaha planned far enough ahead.

Competition is good for us! :D

·
Super Moderator
465 Posts
I would expect one soon after, and probably with some hard numbers. If Polaris puts their info out there Yamaha needs to counter. Lots of people are itching to trade up the the latest and greatest and they won't wait long.

·
Super Moderator
465 Posts
I wouldn't buy anything from Polaris, I don't care how many hp it has. Poorly made in my opinion.
Okay, but there are thousands waiting in line to buy something that don't feel the same way you do. That is why Polaris is #1 and that is why Yamaha needs to get on with the program.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What is Polaris number 1 at other than sales? I see a lot of Kia's on the road too does that make them the best too? People will buy junk, no doubt about it.

·
Super Moderator
465 Posts
What is Polaris number 1 at other than sales? I see a lot of Kia's on the road too does that make them the best too? People will buy junk, no doubt about it.
One mans junk is another mans treasure. I have owned and ridden with Polaris and Yamaha's and Kawasaki's and Suzuki's for years and they aren't as bad as you like to preach. You can talk about Yamaha's legendary reliability until you lose your voice but the largest number of people that buy don't care and that is not going to sway them. When I go to a large riding area and there are hundreds of Polaris vehicles running all day, day after day without a problem why would they buy something that doesn't have what they want just because of its 'legendary reliability'? Performance sells and what the masses see the most of on the trails determines to a large extent what they buy.

Manufacturers have to sell enough units to make it profitable enough to continue making them. "Honda Big Red". For the general public it doesn't have to be the best, it just has to be good enough, and Polaris is 'good enough' for most.

I am glad Yamaha is getting into the mix. Competition makes better vehicles and lower prices. If the Wolverine had a twin with 70+ horsepower they would be selling lots of them and they would be all over the sxs news, but they are not. That is what I am talking about. Yamaha fans will buy them but to the general mass of buyers they are just "yawn" and they go buy a Polaris or Can Am. I am not trying to get down on Yamaha owners and what they like, but when I go to my dealer that sells Yamaha, Honda and Polaris I can see it first hand.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts