Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Yamaha Rock Sliders installed? I did some rocky trail riding this weekend and I realized just how "thin" the tree kickers are on the bottom of the doors. I already have a few dents in those things. Those tree kickers are good in that we didn't have them on the Xseries, but the metal is way too thin.

So I'm thinking of adding the rock sliders but I'll probably get them powder coated black. (Yamaha: Why do you paint these things silver? Silver looks terrible with the XTR and LE.)

·
Registered
724 Posts
That's interesting feedback @leogast. This is one of the accessories I've been laboring over coming from my Gen 1. That feature on my Gen 1 is one of my favorites and they have served me well. I may have to add them to my purchase while I have the dealer accessory discount. Any thoughts on the front brush guard? This is where my Gen 1 with a stock bumper got the most abuse so I'm considering it. My machine is a few weeks out so I could still add it.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax4 XT-R
48 Posts
I’ve been thinking of adding rock sliders too but I’d actually like ones that stick out a little further. Hoping the aftermarket comes out with something a bit more aggressive.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I have the X2 ones on my 2020 XT-R. Compared to the sliders I've had on jeeps, these are definitely overbuilt and provide for good protection along the bottom edge. Thick steel and very nice powder coated. The only stupid thing about them is that they're in silver. Not sure about the R-max ones, but if they're the same as the X2 ones, they'd be pretty darn stout.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I ordered them and then after they came in, I returned them and paid the restocking fee to Yamaha. The silver sucks and the design just looked to me as a great mud catcher on the backside where it wraps the tree kickers. I didn't care for anything about them.

Reactions: Planetcat

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
34 Posts
I have a set waiting to go on once I finally get my machine. Very well built , and look like they should do as intended perfectly. I personally think the silver looks fine on the ones I've seen online. That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Those look great @Budro2. They don't show any for the Rmax 4 yet.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My RMAX4 is at their place being fitted for them now. Then you should see them available after they take all the measurements.
I wish these skids came with a UHMW front bash plate. Do you know if they're working on one of those?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I wish these skids came with a UHMW front bash plate. Do you know if they're working on one of those?
Possibly!
Check the full thread RMAX SKID PLATES AND ARM GAURDS. that will get you up to speed on all we currently know.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I really like the fact that these skid plates add a little width beyond the tree kickers too. Might help protect the fancy blue paint on the LE a little bit. I asked my dealer how much the Yamaha rock sliders added to the width ad he said about 1/2". It looks like these skids extend at least that much. I suspect their efforts to make a UHMW bash plate will be a struggle with all the contours like the Yamaha aluminum version has.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
12 Posts
And the Full Trail Armor skid plate with a-arm guards is as much as the factory skid alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I asked them to make a bash plate. We'll see if it can be done. I've relayed everything asked and sent the pictures posted in the other thread. I plan on leaving mine there longer than agreed on to address all of your concerns.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I am finding that OEM bash plate to be very durable and more resistant to abrasion than the UHMW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts