Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just finished up a 2 day event with Yamaha on the Rubicon Trail, piloting an RMAX4 along with 11 other units and spending the week with some very awesome company. Just some teaser shots of what's to follow. You will be amazed as I was what a stock RMAX is capable of with only skids and rock sliders added for protection and the RMAX4's given 30" tires. Sway bars still hooked up and the only damage were some scrapes and 2 bent tie rods (for the whole group). I'm going to put to rest concerns of CV axles as I was in full diff lock for at least a 3rd of the ride through some of nastiest terrain I've ever ridden. Posting this from the airport, be home soon.

I'll follow up with my monologue later as I've rewritten it 3 times and FB or God doesn't want me to do it right now and it was deleted so I'll just show you the quick-edit version of my ride in the Yamaha RMAX 1000 on the Rubicon Trail. Stay tuned for the following video as this one doesn't cover half of the awesome sections of the Rubicon.

This is why FB deleted my written monologue. I can't thank Yamaha Outdoors enough:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...xcTEHPWeAFfk02SWt34hnBoM8cLYC1b_w_PsW9mVNrJ0g

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I too have a lot of time in diff lock at full lock and full compression, extension with sway bar disconnected as well. So far zero issues so it’s not a matter a cv joint bind. You can’t flex one beyond what I’ve put mine through either.
Looking forward to some vids!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,015 Posts
Thats awesome man!!! Cool shit right there!!! Looks like an amazing time.👍👍👍

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
Wolverine RMAX 4 XTR 1000
125 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the VID! Looks like a good time for sure.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
2022 RMAX2 1000 XT-R
204 Posts
Shouldn't those Rmax's be on showroom floors...? ;)

Those don't look like stock tires and rims. Bring us back the inside scoop.

Inquiring minds need to know.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shouldn't those Rmax's be on showroom floors...? ;)

Those don't look like stock tires and rims. Bring us back the inside scoop.

Inquiring minds need to know.
4 vehicles had bead locks while the other 8 had stock RMAX2 LE wheels and tires.

·
Registered
399 Posts
...RMAX4 along with 11 other units... only damage were some scrapes and 2 bent tie rods (for the whole group)...
That's an impressive statement.

4 vehicles had bead locks while the other 8 had stock RMAX2 LE wheels and tires.
So stock LE's are Carnivores right, then the Yamaha offered EFX MotoHammer beadlock kit... was there any points where either tire stood out vs the other?

Were the IQS shocks a big benefit on that type of trail, we don't even get the option of them in Canada so wondering how much we're missing, or are they most valuable to high speed riders who would be switching in and out throughout the day?

Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
250 Posts
Following.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
250 Posts
Thanks Dan. I thought I clicked on it, but guess not 🤔

Reactions: Dan

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll follow up with my monologue later as I've rewritten it 3 times and FB or God doesn't want me to do it right now and it was deleted so I'll just show you the quick-edit version of my ride in the Yamaha RMAX 1000 on the Rubicon Trail. Stay tuned for the following video as this one doesn't cover half of the awesome sections of the Rubicon.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I know you have to be there to see what's going on but I'm not wild about the line the spotter recommended in the second picture but I'm sure there is reason they were recommending it.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know you have to be there to see what's going on but I'm not wild about the line the spotter recommended in the second picture but I'm sure there is reason they were recommending it.
There was a lot of off-camber stuff and many times the lines chosen were so that you were being setup for the obstacle immediately following.........sometimes........many times the photos and even the video perspective doesn't show it.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
This is why FB deleted my written monologue. I can't thank Yamaha Outdoors enough:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts