Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started this today and I have to say that I like the plasti dip over the peal coat so far it seams thicker. I builded up coats waiting 5min for light coats and 30 for heavy coats. My plan is to cut around the bottom of the raised letters with a razor blade and peal the rest away. I think it will look 3D this way. I am still adding coats because the thicker you make this stuff the easier it is to peal off. Things don’t always go as planned. If anyone has some advice I would love to hear it.
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Bottle Drinkware
Green Flower Rectangle Plant Grass
Automotive tire Rectangle Paint Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Product Rectangle Textile Wood Font
Rectangle Wood Font Line Grass
Rectangle Plant Wood Font Automotive exterior
Rectangle Wood Font Line Grass
Rectangle Handwriting Font Line Material property
Automotive tire Rectangle Road surface Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured screw it I used the entire can. Hopefully tomorrow I cut and peal. If it doesn’t work like I thought I will peal it all off and I’ll only be out $9
Photograph White Light Blue Green

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Hopefully it cures over time otherwise I think it will peel off the letters like it did where you removed it where you didn't want it. I don't know anything about it so maybe someone else can give us an opinion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don’t know anything about that lol that’s why I was asking for advice.
Looks good!! I ended up having a decal made.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I took the tailgate off when I added the Oem rear box. No logo

Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
188 Posts
Decal I had made.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
You can get the vinyl stickers.
I bought one off facebook for cheap, maybe $10-15, but they ended up a little small.
Another company sells a nice set that fits good from what I was told.

Mine have been on and are still there even after many many pressure washes.
Maybe being a little small kept them flat so no edges rolled up if I got off a tad, dunno, but it works good enough for me.
Pic of the slightly smaller facebook vinyl.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Tread

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Just noticed they have the RMAX listed too.
Gonna post it up there for those guys also.

Reactions: atkbike

·
Registered
195 Posts
I painted mine with a bomb can and I used a plastic promoter. The problem with the plasti dip and the likes of those are they are thick and well meant to peel off. If anything you want to keep the film build as thin as possible so as it doesn't tend to want to peel off. Putting anything over the plasti dip will have no effect on making it stick better as the plasti dip is what is down first.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
293 Posts
What happens when you wash the bike, no way any of this would hold up to a good pressure washer. I will just leave mine as it is.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I had vinyl on my X4. They peeled after awhile. I painted them on my RMAX. The paint is holding up decent but will need to be done again. I haven't found a permanent solution with either.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts