·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
More info please, thank you. Show off!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The POS is already broken.. Brought it back to the dealer today.

Reactions: robert.w.smith.76

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: robert.w.smith.76

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously??
It would cut out if I didnt let it warm up for 10+ minutes. Nothing major but The new one doesn't do that.

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Far from stock
955 Posts
Seriously??
It would cut out if I didnt let it warm up for 10+ minutes. Nothing major but The new one doesn't do that.
I’ve had a yamaha pressure washer for about 3 years. It’s always temperamental the first few minutes. Pressure cuts out after about 20 seconds and goes back to normal after waiting about a minute or two. Only from a cold start though. The engine always fires up perfectly. Maybe some kind of pump priming thing?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve had a yamaha pressure washer for about 3 years. It’s always temperamental the first few minutes. Pressure cuts out after about 20 seconds and goes back to normal after waiting about a minute or two. Only from a cold start though. The engine always fires up perfectly. Maybe some kind of pump priming thing?
Like I told the dealer I didnt pay 1k for having to dick around with it. My 300$ POS briggs didnt do that and lasted 10y

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
It might be that if you turn the water on first and make sure you get water running out pressure nozzle to bleed the system, then start it, allow to warm a hot minute, then it will not stop. I have a cutoff valve on my hose right at the pressure washer inlet that I can turn off, cause it makes it harder to pull start the thing with full water pressure on the pump. So I run the water thru the thing for 30 seconds to prime, turn off hose at PW, pull gun trigger to release full pressure, then start motor, turn water back on, ready to go.

Reactions: Budro2 and Paul65

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to report the new unit has been trouble free :) This thing is a beast !

Reactions: Wolverinegramps
1 - 11 of 11 Posts