Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rmax2 Limited
27 Posts
I received mine Wednesday, the box for the front was smashed pretty bad and the tape was loose. To my surprise all the hardware was there. According to the parts list the push pin rivets for the front and the rear are the same part number, but the pins for the front were much larger than the ones for the rear. You had to use a larger drill since they would not go thru the 5/16's hole you drill. Also the holes you have to enlarge from under the fenders has to be bigger than the 7/16 hole the instructions say use. I like the larger push pin rivets better and if I can get the part number for them I will replace the rivets on the rear with them.

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha RMAX4 1000 LE - 7/22/22
70 Posts
True Rhinohio.....Not just online business.....Some of the major box stores, Target being one of them, are beginning to seriously engage in this as well.....Strange world we're living in nowadays !!

Reactions: Rhinohio

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
605 Posts
Can more of you that have them installed show pics please.
I am missing the two rivets on top of front fenders. I need to find some a tad longer (had one) so I can fasten all 3 layers of plastic without drilling inside layer.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car
Plant Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Tractor
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Plant Car Automotive tire
Tire Plant Wheel Car Dog

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Love the look, not quite happy with the coverage.

I replaced the Mud Buster Super Max flares and had a good ride yesterday through all kinds of conditions. I found that because the OEM flares end just about flush with the rock sliders, there's quite a bit of wheel splash up and along the door compared to the MB flares. Still didn't get any mud/water in the cab or on either windshield, so there's that.

Same trail, two different years. This are the MB flares:

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

Here's what the RMAX looked like after yesterday's ride:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

The back was also much dirtier than with MB:

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

I'm believing that I could have kept running the MB flares at half the cost of the OEM flares and grow to like that look at the expense of the OEM flare image.

Oh, BTW, if you do purchase the OEM flares, recommend you follow @POHLHAMMER 's advice to use longer push rivets vs drilling the inside fender layers. It's a great idea!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Love the look, not quite happy with the coverage.
This is why I was waffling on them but broke down and pulled the trigger yesterday. I'm running 4+3 offset wheels which will only make it worse. I figured I can cut my Trail Armor fender flares down and screw them to the OEM over fenders to gain adequate coverage.:(

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha RMAX4 1000 LE - 7/22/22
70 Posts
@ Open Trails Alaska - Great real world review of the OEM vs MB. I've been back n' forth with which ones to get & the pics you provided pretty much says it all. Thinking MB's now. Hopefully my machine shows up this month like I was told because I'm starting to get a bit antsy haha !!

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
5,008 Posts
I new they'd sell a ton of them every machine should have had them from day one. Now they're being snapped up.

Reactions: DirtRoadWarrior

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
5,008 Posts
Well July 4th is a write off day. Maybe a few more to get back to normal.

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
656 Posts
I new they'd sell a ton of them every machine should have had them from day one. Now they're being snapped up.
Honestly I prefer the look of the Mudbusters max. Not the oversized ones but the max version. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If not in a hurry, can't beat their prices.
Agreed, it's not keeping me from riding but the sales tactics does piss me off. I checked their FB page and there were lots of customers with the same story. After reading some of the reviews WRT the over-fenders from those who had tested them, I was going to cancel the order but couldn't get thru on the phone, chat or email. They finally did respond to one of many emails:

Me
It appears that your company has decided to ignore any kind ethical business practices. You take the consumer's money for items you claim to have in stock and then close down all lines of communication when they don't receive their merchandise as promised. Would it be a lot to ask for you to answer the damn phone!!

Partzilla
Hi Mike, we apologize for the delays, your item B4M-F15G0-V0-00 is currently on it's way to us from Yamaha and we will ship the moment we receive it. Again we apologize for the delays and inconvenience. Thank you.

Again, not a big deal but it would be a different story if my rig was down waiting of them to ship the "in stock" parts. In all fairness, I used to get Amazon items in a day or two and now it's usually 7-10 days. The entire supply chain is screwed up and don't show signs of improving anytime soon.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMax2 1000 Limited Edition
17 Posts
i was not getting any updates from Partzilla when i ordered them besides "order pending" on their website. I was not emailing them so maybe that is why. They ended up coming and price was the best i found so overall I was OK with it. I will say there packaging seems to be a bit poor but luckily no damages to the over fenders. Plastic fastening clips were all over the box when openend.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Received this today, I bet it was the wise crack about the phone::giggle:

Good Morning, Michael.

Thank you for your business! Due to the dimensions of your parts, your order is requiring an additional $172.00 to ship UPS. If you agree our Accounting Department will capture the additional funds from your original payment method. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
If we do not hear from you by end of business on 7/25/2022, your order will be cancelled and you will be refunded in full.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
234 Posts
Received this today, I bet it was the wise crack about the phone::giggle:

Good Morning, Michael.

Thank you for your business! Due to the dimensions of your parts, your order is requiring an additional $172.00 to ship UPS. If you agree our Accounting Department will capture the additional funds from your original payment method. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
If we do not hear from you by end of business on 7/25/2022, your order will be cancelled and you will be refunded in full.
That is crazy!! I ordered mine on 6/10 and got them on 6/28. The cost was 156.59 per set for a total of 334.00 with free shipping. They came in 1 big box and the packaging was good. That was shipped to Ohio.

·
Registered
637 Posts
They sent an update on 7/13 claiming to receive the parts on 7/15 with no mention of a shipping upcharge. My guess is they still don't have the merchandise and this is their way to resolve the matter and shut me up.
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

101 - 120 of 142 Posts