Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been into my dealer a couple of times now only to be told they simply don't exist.The only thing available from Yamaha Aust is a flat type guard bent in the right places for five hundred bucks.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
955 Posts
Those look awesome! I would love a set but I would tear them up pretty quick in the trenches on the black trails where we ride in Windrock. Trails 16, 10, 44, 30, 12, 9, 35 (just to name a few) all have significant off camber trenches that will destroy non- flexible flairs. Beware..... you've been warned. You'll bring those back in the bed in pieces if you hit those trails. They do look awesome though. The price is pretty good also for a molded flair.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Those look awesome! I would love a set but I would tear them up pretty quick in the trenches on the black trails where we ride in Windrock. Trails 16, 10, 44, 30, 12, 9, 35 (just to name a few) all have significant off camber trenches that will destroy non- flexible flairs. Beware..... you've been warned. You'll bring those back in the bed in pieces if you hit those trails. They do look awesome though. The price is pretty good also for a molded flair.
They're pretty easily removable with the push pin design. Probably 5 minutes per fender flare.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I'd be better off taping $100 dollar bills the fenders. However, these are the best fender flares I've seen and seem to be a great balance between looks and function.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,490 Posts

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
955 Posts
They're pretty easily removable with the push pin design. Probably 5 minutes per fender flare.
The push pins are the weak link to avoid breakage. I have picked up many KRX molded flares (on the trails listed above) that were not broken due to the push pins breaking. It's a good design and easy to remove and replace broken pins. The pins are cheap. Good idea to carry some with you on the trail. Again these flares look great and appear to be what so many owners were asking for. They just won't hold up to the tight trenched out trails where I ride. Removal before I ride kinda negates their intended use to keep mud balls out of my cab.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine Rmax2 1000
36 Posts
Got my set from my dealer and my other set from Partzilla will be here Monday. My buddy doesnt want them so anyone who needs a set I will probably post them in the for sale section. Anyone missing hardware from Partzilla? Seen a few posts on FB about it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got my set from my dealer and my other set from Partzilla will be here Monday. My buddy doesnt want them so anyone who needs a set I will probably post them in the for sale section. Anyone missing hardware from Partzilla? Seen a few posts on FB about it
I just got my front flares in from partzilla, and no pushpins or bolts in the box. I emailed them and will see what they say.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,490 Posts
Just got mine from Partzilla and only had hardware for the rears. Will email them now.
Damn. Another one. Come on Yamaha. Get with it.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts