Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha Outdoors has released a new video teasing a new outdoor vehicle that will be released this September.

"It will all become perfectly clear."

Want more? Here’s a link to the first video:

"Are You Ready?"

·
Registered
718 Posts
If it really is a high performance machine, it will be completely badass! Performance on par with the RZR and Maverick, but with Yamaha reliability. Hopefully, Polaris is starting to worry.

Reactions: Vital

·
Registered
347 Posts
Polaris would be more worried if Yamaha re made the Viking line to kick the Ranger's ass in every category and size. Utility and Recreation SxS's out sell Sport models 2 to 1 across the world. Until they do that, Polaris bean counters are sitting back happy, they've sold enough junk in the last 10 years to keep profiting off of for another 10 years in accessories and repairs alone.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
We'll be seeing a bunch of slightly used XP1000's on craigslist by the end of September. Wouldn't touch them though since they come with driveline vibration and front diff probs from the factory.

·
Registered
575 Posts
The new sport model and the wolverines are a huge step in the right direction. I've notice a lot of people look at the numbers on paper and comment on how the wolverine sucks, etc.. Yet none have seen or even driven one..
The wolverine r spec outclasses everything in it's category and on par in many aspects of models in other classes. I feel if yamaha gave the wolverine 10 more wheel hp it would decimate every sport/ recreational utv under the xp1k and maverick.

With that said , if yamaha continues the way they have I think it will be class leading. I think once more reviews come in from sources people trust and respect the wolverine r spec will be class leading.

I'm not 100% sure on how I feel about the non r-spec. I understand the logic, but still feel iffy about it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That ride I went on a couple of weeks ago, I had guys walking over from their Mavricks and XP1Ks coming over and admiring the only R spec at the ride. People are already taking notice, but so far, they are still willing to get an unreliable product just to have that 1000 and long travel.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Everyone that takes mine for a ride and thats even guys with 1000cc machines come away impressed. As i've always said, it doesn't matter how much HP or top speed it has for my trails and riding area, it would only hinder me. This Wolverine has plenty of power for what i'm using it for. I can't wait to see this thing. To me from the teaser it looks like a Fancy wolverine and soudns like it may have Yamaha's 3 cylinder Sled motor! That would be something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts