Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some help. Just got around installing my folding windshield today on my 2021 x4. Windshield sits perfect in the grove over the centre of the hood but not off to both sides. Sits a little overtop the hood and requires me to push in on both side of windshield to make clearance to get the hood on and off. Fits great everywhere else. Seals nice to roof and I’m positive the bulb seals are installed correctly. Can’t adjust any further down as the clamps are butting against the chunky welds on the rops.
Anyone else with this issue?
Thoughts?
Thanks

0F75647E-D720-4E50-B763-93E1CD6F8321.jpeg
15742A7D-0506-48D8-9B5A-1CDC303DF09A.jpeg
C25B7E80-6409-4BDD-AA69-8ECA2CB5AF47.jpeg

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
move it up off the hood groove a little to get your lower mounts above the welds. It should still stay sealed on the botom that way and will put little more tension on the top which is where you need more sealing pressure. Might help with the hood removal that way too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
move it up off the hood groove a little to get your lower mounts above the welds. It should still stay sealed on the botom that way and will put little more tension on the top which is where you need more sealing pressure. Might help with the hood removal that way too.
Is the bulb seal on the top of the windshield supposed to butt up under the roof or in front of the roof ?
Ive got it sitting under and making a nice seal All the way across.
Ive spent a decent amount of time with everything loose and cant get the bottom any better.
Not the end of the world. Hood doesn’t come off to often.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine fits snug up under the roof. I have to pry up some on the roof to open and close the windshield.
with it like this I have no issues removing my hood.

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
532 Posts
I can't speak for the newer X2/4 models but when I installed the OEM folder on the 2019X2 I had to loosen the roof brackets to get a nice snug fit the first time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My problem is not at the roof but along the bottom along hood and fenders. Like Old Swamper Ive got to push up alittle on roof to open windshield. Nice tight fit up there.

·
Registered
2021 X4
213 Posts
Where did you get the red rings around the headlights? Also so far I've found nothing that fits the wolverine perfectly yet, my windshield also makes it a pain to get the hood off, and the yamaha hardtop created all sorts of issues making the seizmik overhead gun rack fit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I made the rings myself out of some welt piping I had left over from another project.
I will do a separate post of my little project.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts