Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Yamaha full, foldable windshield and attempted to install it today. Either my roof is deformed or the windshield is. Where the weatherstripping runs along the top edge of the windshield is not even close to matching up to the roof regardless of how I adjust the windshield. I even attempted to adjust the roof position but no dice. Anyone else had this issue?

I had to give up due to other priorities this afternoon but will try, again, tomorrow. My guess is the roof is deformed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had the same issue and after trying to make it work I couldn't get a nice tight fit. I decided just to live with it, now I don't even notice it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
mine fits good,but was installed when new so maybe that makes a difference, did you ask the dealer where you bought it?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Mine fits ok. I ran most of the summer with the top part disconnected so I didn't scratch it up running with it down, and i noticed that it doesn't seem to fit quite as well now as it did when i first got it though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Added mine Friday with 500 miles on machine. Not a perfect match to roof. It doesn't make a difference out riding.

PS post a picture its worth a 1000 words.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try to get a photo tomorrow. I shouldn't care so much but with the $$$ these things cost I kind of expect it to somewhat fit. I will definitely be showing the dealer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You are putting the window on TOP of the roof, right? I had some confusion when installing mine. For some reason I thought it went under the roof but that didn't make any sense if you want it to fold down.

The fit isn't completely tight where the weather strip meets the roof but its decent. Also there is a channel there that helps with the water. I have had mine in the rain and I don't get water in my lap like I had in other machines with different designed windshields.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finished installing it today. Not really happy with the way it "fits" along the roofline. The weather stripping only touches above the gutter in the middle; doesn't touch toward the ends. I guess I'll live with it for now but I will show it to the dealer first chance I get.

You are putting the window on TOP of the roof, right? I had some confusion when installing mine. For some reason I thought it went under the roof but that didn't make any sense if you want it to fold down.

The fit isn't completely tight where the weather strip meets the roof but its decent. Also there is a channel there that helps with the water. I have had mine in the rain and I don't get water in my lap like I had in other machines with different designed windshields.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hate to hijack your thread, but I'm also having a windshield issue. When I fold mine down and go to lock it in the rubber stops, it goes in real hard to where I have to flex the windshield a little to get it in there. First I thought the dealer may not have got the rubber prices mounted in the right spot, so I unbolted them, set the windshield down in the stops and the holes were perfectly on. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
mimeeks, you can move the bottom part of the windshield around some. Just undo the bottom clamps then put the windshield in rubber grommets. Can slide up and down on the rollbar as needed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the install myself. I even allowed a 1/8 gap between the windshield and the bottom of the slot. Yes it is a bit of a bear to place shield into the rubber boot. I also push down on the shield to seat it into the groove. I bet it will not pop up while driving on rough trails.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just installed my windshield and found the same thing with the rubber stops. its like the angle of the slit isnt quite right for the wind shield edge to fit in deep enough to hold it tight .going to wait until the 20 hr check and let the dealer look at it and let them install the rubbers .winter is here so its staying up for the season anyway. IMG_20151124_154019.jpg IMG_20151124_154028.jpg

·
Registered
182 Posts
I wouldn't trust the dealer to install it, they will just throw it on and say good enough. If you want it done right it's best to do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts