Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

I seen the new Yamaha bed rack installed on a 2022 Rmax2 this past weekend. It's a great looking rack. Super sturdy. Fit and finish is awesome. I started to build one this winter but after seeing this one, I thought I'd get it for my machine. TILL I FOUND OUT IT'S ALMOST $900.
I guess I'm back to building one. I love a good project anyway. It's still good looking rack though if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is well built. $900 is too steep for me.... but it is a really nice rack if anyone is interested. I can attest that is very well built if anyone is interested in ordering without seeing it in person. Zero flex. And installs in existing hardware holes. (No drilling)

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,863 Posts
View attachment 107709
I seen the new Yamaha bed rack installed on a 2022 Rmax2 this past weekend. It's a great looking rack. Super sturdy. Fit and finish is awesome. I started to build one this winter but after seeing this one, I thought I'd get it for my machine. TILL I FOUND OUT IT'S ALMOST $900.
I guess I'm back to building one. I love a good project anyway. It's still good looking rack though if anyone is interested.
Do you know if the bedrack is compatible with the rear slider window ? I can't find anything on that. The rear slider window stick's back about 3 inches. Seems silly to for Yamaha to build a rack that isnot compatible with other OEM parts 😜 Look forward to seeing what you come up with 👍 If l was building a rack l would want it compatible with all OEM parts. The other things l would do is give it a headache rack so whatever is on rack would not come crashing through the rear glass . 2 other things would be to make it large enough to be compatible with the OEM cooler and a little higher to have full access for sliding lots of thing underneath the rack with the OEM cooler on the rack . But of course that's just my preference 😜😎👍
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Fender Automotive mirror
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know if the bedrack is compatible with the rear slider window ? I can't find anything on that. The rear slider window stick's back about 3 inches. Seems silly to for Yamaha to build a rack that isnot compatible with other OEM parts 😜 Look forward to seeing what you come up with 👍 If l was building a rack l would want it compatible with all OEM parts. The other things l would do is give it a headache rack so whatever is on rack would not come crashing through the rear glass . 2 other things would be to make it large enough to be compatible with the OEM cooler and a little higher to have full access for sliding lots of thing underneath the rack with the OEM cooler on the rack . But of course that's just my preference 😜😎👍 View attachment 107716 View attachment 107717
If your bed clears when you raise your bed you should have enough room. It is contained within the front boundaries of the bed so it appears that it would clear the window.
Rectangle Material property Musical instrument accessory Tints and shades Flooring

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,863 Posts
If your bed clears when you raise your bed you should have enough room. It is contained within the front boundaries of the bed so it appears that it would clear the window. View attachment 107720
With the cooler bolted down looks like the bar on it would keep the cooler off the rear slider. But the cooler doesn't fit on the rack. And if it was maybe 4 or 5 inches higher would allow for alot more space in the bed for other things. Biggest thing....wish the cooler would mount on it. Something like 👇
Rectangle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part Kitchen appliance accessory
Office equipment Office supplies Rectangle Machine Auto part

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya i think COG problems could come into play with a full cooler up that high.
It seemed appropriate hight for my uses when I seen it on person. I need to be able to put a bloody deer in the bed and not get all of my other gear bloody. Back packs, bow, stand, etc... it seemed about right for that use. It is heavy though. A little hard to lift the bed with the bed empty. I like it as good as most I've seen but $900 ain't happening. 🤑

·
Registered
2022 RMAX4 XTR, Freedom UTV Glass windshield, Trail Armor UHMW Skids and A Arm Guards
818 Posts
Ya i think COG problems could come into play with a full cooler up that high.
It seemed appropriate hight for my uses when I seen it on person. I need to be able to put a bloody deer in the bed and not get all of my other gear bloody. Back packs, bow, stand, etc... it seemed about right for that use. It is heavy though. A little hard to lift the bed with the bed empty. I like it as good as most I've seen but $900 ain't happening. 🤑
Was that a down to fabricate rack? I know they have or at least had a shop over at royal blue.

Edit: Never mind, I saw it was a Yamaha rack. Sorry.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was that a down to fabricate rack? I know they have or at least had a shop over at royal blue.

Edit: Never mind, I saw it was a Yamaha rack. Sorry.
It was at Ed's cycles in Cleveland TN. I was there getting stocked up on oil change supplies and filters.
They had a couple machines I got to look at. 2022 Rmax2 XTR, 2023 Rmax2 and Rmax4, both XTR 's both in desert tan. They are super good looking machines. I still like my 2021 green machine though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
View attachment 107709

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice looking rack, but 'spendy'
If you have no fab skills..... and mine are mediocre at best.....i would buy it if it fits your needs. I WILL ATTEST that it is built very well. The dimensions are within my specs anyway. Fit and finish is great. And NO mods to the existing machine are needed. Checks all of my boxes..... but it's approaching $1000 bucks. I'm out! I can fab what I need for under $300. Or pay someone else to custom fab for less than $1000. THE $$$ is the only problem I have with it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
View attachment 107709
Looked extensively at these, but when you have a good look if your using a storage box in cargo area, especially the genuine Yamaha box then there is not enough space to place and retrieve items from the area under the shelf? So it sort of defeats its purpose I feel which is to give your cargo area a larger footprint ?

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,863 Posts
Looked extensively at these, but when you have a good look if your using a storage box in cargo area, especially the genuine Yamaha box then there is not enough space to place and retrieve items from the area under the shelf? So it sort of defeats its purpose I feel which is to give your cargo area a larger footprint ?
That's what l think. And then the cooler won't even fit on it ☹

1 - 20 of 29 Posts