Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
504 Posts
Yamaha quality will help sell it, and the Viking is just too big for many people. I am sure Yamaha is leery of offering a narrow machine after all the money they paid to Rhino complainants.

Meh...it will sell some i am sure, but i don't think it will be a "hit". It's roughly the same size of several Utilities, but doesn't have the pretense of being really sporty like a 60" RZR. If it had been a 50" i think it would have sold faster than they could make it, but as delivered, i think people with either just buy a Viking or RZR.

·
Banned
504 Posts
It sure seems smaller than that. Yamaha calls it a recreational utv, doesn't sound like a utility, does it?

That's the thing....it not that much smaller than a Viking.

Wolvy: L x W x H 116.9” x 60.6” x 74.2”

Vik: L x W x H 122.0" x 61.8" x 74.1"

5" of length. Is that really a big deal?

It's alternatively like a Viking with much less utility, or like a RZR with much less sport. This is based in the observation that it will probably not perform ( from a handling and suspension standpoint ) on the same level as a 60" RZR. If it does...then i can see it, but Yamaha doesn't seem to be marketing it in that direction.

Some are saying that it is like a "new" Rhino, but i don't think the small, non-dumping bed would put it in the same mold. In fact, i think it would have been more desirable if it HAD been a new Rhino with a nice bed. IMO, it should have been much smaller than it is for what it seems to be trying to be. It just seems like its designed for a class that few people are asking for.

·
Banned
504 Posts
Dimensionally, the Wolverine is close to the Viking, but it seems to sit lower and wider.

KYB is a Japanese company, they have been around for years. Most of their market is in the automotive industry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.