Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to the group. Just purchased a new 2021 X4 R spec right before Xmas. So far we like it but I am making a list of things to have my dealer install once the top finally comes in. Anybody else using this GPS system and do you like it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have not used Yamahas Adventure Pro. But myself, my son, and other buddies have the Trailtech Voytager Pro. If you ride in groups it is awesome. you see where everyone is at all times. You know if someone made a wrong turn. It is pretty sweet. Cuts down on a lot of wait time if someone goes astray. It also supports gauges and temp probes. I can make a route and download it to the trailtech's and everyone knows where we are going. The problem is your buddy's have to be willing to part with $600 to join you. But I think it's been well worth it. Buddy feature also works well when it's dusty. You can hang back and still know where they are. Garmin came out with one similar also, but haven't seen or used one yet.

Reactions: Dennis P

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,534 Posts
Have you searched. A lot of threads over time on it. I doubt you'd get must have recommendations as other options must exist better. Its old Android tech, very old version used.

·
Registered
2021 Rmax x2 1000
11 Posts
Don't like it. I use my Garmin Montana that I've had for many years when I'm out riding. It's half the price and far more user friendly.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've got the ADV Pro and it's really nothing more to me that a fancy, and very expensive, dashboard for the RMAX.

A good Samsung tablet with the BackCountryNavigator app and BobT maps installed is what I've found to be the best for my use.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX2, 2018 Grizzly 700 SE, 2018 Arctic Cat Mud Pro 700
23 Posts
Hey guys. New to the group. Just purchased a new 2021 X4 R spec right before Xmas. So far we like it but I am making a list of things to have my dealer install once the top finally comes in. Anybody else using this GPS system and do you like it?
Yeah, I have it here in AK and we've used it, but we bought a Samsung galaxy tab s7 fe (12.4") tablet on Verizon and mount to use onX Hunt instead because the Adventure Pro device is just too old and underpowered. I would not spend the money. I do leave it on to watch system diagnostics like temp, RPM, etc. (which is really nice) but they used an older tablet, with a slow processor, and an old verion of Android that's locked so, you can't easily side-lode other apps. With the Samsung and a RAM mount I can do all that, and watch movies, play Tidal straight to the SSV, and track my GPS all at the same time.... way better for the money. IMO

·
Registered
52 Posts
We went with a Garmin Tread in our Gen 1 RSpec.

Nice unit; maps are great - the birdseye feature is outstanding.

Once we figured out the all the available features we have been finding new trails in the nearby desert.

It also has the group ride and 6 channel radio feature.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My XTR came with the Adventure Pro....I use it all the time and I am pleased with its performance.

·
Registered
RMAX 2 XT-R
445 Posts
I have not used Yamahas Adventure Pro. But myself, my son, and other buddies have the Trailtech Voytager Pro. If you ride in groups it is awesome. you see where everyone is at all times. You know if someone made a wrong turn. It is pretty sweet. Cuts down on a lot of wait time if someone goes astray. It also supports gauges and temp probes. I can make a route and download it to the trailtech's and everyone knows where we are going. The problem is your buddy's have to be willing to part with $600 to join you. But I think it's been well worth it. Buddy feature also works well when it's dusty. You can hang back and still know where they are. Garmin came out with one similar also, but haven't seen or used one yet.
That's a great system. I wished AP was better. It's only "O.K." I probably wouldn't buy it if it wasn't on my xtr already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts