Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After driving RZR’s, few Hondas and a general XP we narrowed our search down to the rmax as the dream machine.. got lucky and found a ‘21 RMAX 4 XTR 1000 close by with under 9 hours and less than 50 miles than had sat in a shed for most the year.

I changed the oil at 10 hours since it sat for so long but am still doing break in procedures through the 20 hr mark with plans of servicing again but the modifying has already begun. We got it street legal and tagged first as we are about 2-3 miles from forest roads and if we ever want to drive the rmax instead of tow there are 3x OHV parks with 90 or so minutes.

Items added;
OEM Front Wheels all around
30x10x14 BFG KM3
1” Wheel Spacers - rear
Removed some decals
OEM Yamaha Front Brush Guard
SATV Flip Up Windshield
Sea dog Manual Wiper
King 70w BT Speaker w/ Bushwhacker roll bar strap
4x 3/4” front & 2x 6” rear Turn Signals
Kenimoto Side Mirrors
Custom License Plate Bracket
Motoroof Rear dust screen
Mudbuster inner fender liners
3m side reflectors (for state inspection)
Rubber Mat for Bed
2x fork mounts for mtb’s

Hoping to check out Brown Mtn OHV for first “real” trails tomorrow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! Glad to be a part of these forums, already found so much information.

Finally drilled and mounted the Sea Dog manual wiper, works pretty well and like that I can quickly remove and keep it in the glove box with a single flat head screw.

Got to do finally use 4wd, such a beast. Crawl mode is awesome, and have found sport to be the best for forest roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
5,007 Posts
I googled and found it. No washer fluid with those dispensing is a part of it. The blades still grind the fine sand or whatever into and along the surface. A lot of fluid must be required to at least get it wet to help the blade wash it away in the stroke rather than grind it along. I don't know what you use but plastic windshield wouldn't survive long. Glass should however endure.

Reactions: WNC1000

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looking good, do you have a link for the wiper you got? I've been looking to add one, I have the superatv flip up also.
Here is the one I ordered from Amazon, install was very easy but I would recommend mounting slightly closer to the middle than I did. That way the handle would be more hidden by the rear view mirror (purely for looks/visibility) ; Sea-Dog 412601-1 Manual... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IV4KFA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here is how I mostly ride around;

I googled and found it. No washer fluid with those dispensing is a part of it. The blades still grind the fine sand or whatever into and along the surface. A lot of fluid must be required to at least get it wet to help the blade wash it away in the stroke rather than grind it along. I don't know what you use but plastic windshield wouldn't survive long. Glass should however endure.
Yeah I was kind of worried about scratches but I mostly wanted the wiper for our state inspection for road legal. As it mostly stays in the glove box and uninstalled, got caught in a small rain the other day and ended up flipping windshield up and put on sunglasses.

Rigging up washer fluid would be pretty easy, we have a gravity shower for camping and a gravity fed dishwash station in our cargo trailer converted to a camper and could easily clone to here.. maybe a gallon soft bag of fluid mounted to the underside of the roof or put into a storage bag that mounts on the roof + a valve to open feeding a small tube fed over the windshield?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Tried to copy massive overkill’s YouTube video for the rear blinkers but it wasn’t quite bright enough for me when hidden. With the sun shining the 2x red ryco style led’s weren’t very noticeable either so plugged those holes and mounted these signals for a motorcycle via 3m tape. They are very bright! Just can’t decide if I’m okay with how they look, they are amber but can also work as additional tail/brake lights.

Snagged some cheap grab handles that match the green xtr paint.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
WNC100, can you provide a link to the motorcycle lights you used for your rear turn signals?

I have been looking to see which lights I want to go with for my turn signals and nothing has really gotten me excited about what to go with, so I haven't done anything. Yours look to be pretty good, don't require drilling holes, don't stand out an excessive amount, and sounds like they are plenty bright.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WNC100, can you provide a link to the motorcycle lights you used for your rear turn signals?

I have been looking to see which lights I want to go with for my turn signals and nothing has really gotten me excited about what to go with, so I haven't done anything. Yours look to be pretty good, don't require drilling holes, don't stand out an excessive amount, and sounds like they are plenty bright.
Definitely, the yellow wire goes to signals for the amber led’s and red goes to brake or tail light for red led’s. I only wired up the signals for now but did also get two of the clear/amber to use one for clear light as license plate. Link can be found here;

Purishion 2x Universal Flexible... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8YZ0II?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the 20hr service this weekend, 5 oil bolts, each diff, and the trans was pretty easy but each one takes a bit to drain. Had an hour or so drive beforehand so all was nice and warm. It’s awesome finally opening it up a bit.

also installed motoroof rear screen and mudbuster inner liners.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Automotive exterior

next up hopefully some 30 or 32” km3’s if I can find two more front wheels to use or some rmax2 take offs. I have 32” bfg muds on my Colorado (dd/tow) would be awesome to have matching on here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

Made a mount to shuttle 2 mtb’s, pictured is shuttling my wife while I fished. Need to figure out a nice way to mount fishing poles while the rear net is up.

Removed the door wolverine stickers and on the hood, good chance the mountains on lower doors and other camo bits on hood get removed next.

Tire Wheel Car Plant Automotive parking light

Also ordered 2x front wheels and 30” km3 so hopefully have that together here soon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Property

May have gotten two black wheels by accident but think it looks way better! Gonna get two more or paint the two gold fronts to match if someone doesn’t buy the full stock wheel/tire set. Ride is much more civilized is probably the best way to put it on the tarmac and forest roads. You seem to roll so much further letting off the gas whereas the maxxis had a lot more drag. I have not gotten to wheel it on the trails with the bfg’s but they are on the truck too and have always done a great job there.

30” km2’s measure at 29.5” (15/16psi)
Fr/r maxxis carnages came in at 28” (14/15psi)

Ordering 1” spacers for rear today.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Here is the one I ordered from Amazon, install was very easy but I would recommend mounting slightly closer to the middle than I did. That way the handle would be more hidden by the rear view mirror (purely for looks/visibility) ; Sea-Dog 412601-1 Manual... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002IV4KFA?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here is how I mostly ride around;

Yeah I was kind of worried about scratches but I mostly wanted the wiper for our state inspection for road legal. As it mostly stays in the glove box and uninstalled, got caught in a small rain the other day and ended up flipping windshield up and put on sunglasses.

Rigging up washer fluid would be pretty easy, we have a gravity shower for camping and a gravity fed dishwash station in our cargo trailer converted to a camper and could easily clone to here.. maybe a gallon soft bag of fluid mounted to the underside of the roof or put into a storage bag that mounts on the roof + a valve to open feeding a small tube fed over the windshield?
I bought the wiper bottle with the 12v motor right on it easy to install works great and cheap. It really is the way to go.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Silver Product Tableware Automotive tire Watch

Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Bumper

1” spacers installed! Ordered 4 as I might put the fronts on for certain ohv parks
Thank you to wolvyman for the link to eBay, found in old thread.

If helpful for others I measure before and after track widths from outside tire lug to tire lug using 2x.

Factory measurements -
Rear - 65”
Front - 64”

Front Wheels all around & 30” km3
Rear - 64”
Front - 64.5”

30” km3 + front wheels all around + 1” rear spacers
Rear - 65.5”
Front - 64.5”

Going to paint the two gold wheels black to match and have some FLAT OUT to throw in the tires to balance them before hitting ohv park this weekend.
Tire Wheel Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle wheel

King 70w speaker and bushwhacker strap worked out great. Just over $100 for them both and it’s plenty loud! It’s ipx rated for water and the battery has lasted past few weeks. I work out in the garage and it’s also just a fantastic speaker for around the yard.

Past that might get a weller tune here soon and want to play with the preload a bit on the springs. My front end definitely sits higher than the rear, might drop front by .5” or so.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,567 Posts
View attachment 104784

View attachment 104783

1” spacers installed! Ordered 4 as I might put the fronts on for certain ohv parks
Thank you to wolvyman for the link to eBay, found in old thread.

If helpful for others I measure before and after track widths from outside tire lug to tire lug using 2x.

Factory measurements -
Rear - 65”
Front - 64”

Front Wheels all around & 30” km3
Rear - 64”
Front - 64.5”

30” km3 + front wheels all around + 1” rear spacers
Rear - 65.5”
Front - 64.5”

Going to paint the two gold wheels black to match and have some FLAT OUT to throw in the tires to balance them before hitting ohv park this weekend.
View attachment 104786

King 70w speaker and bushwhacker strap worked out great. Just over $100 for them both and it’s plenty loud! It’s ipx rated for water and the battery has lasted past few weeks. I work out in the garage and it’s also just a fantastic speaker for around the yard.

Past that might get a weller tune here soon and want to play with the preload a bit on the springs. My front end definitely sits higher than the rear, might drop front by .5” or so.
Ya man. You're going to love the stable feeling along with how much less body roll you'll feel with those spacers in the rear. I've actually been thinking of putting 2" on my rears and moving my 1" on the rears up to the front. This would widen me up 1" all the way around from where I am right now. If I don't anytime soon I probably will for sure when I go 32's.

Reactions: WNC1000
1 - 20 of 21 Posts