Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Mine wont be used.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Hey! Still haven't had a chance to throw portals on the X4 with the forward arms, but from our measurements...looks like it should fit a 32" easily with that combo. The X4 should fit 30"s all around with the forward arms. The rear maxes out at about 30" at full compression at stock height.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The X4 should fit 30"s all around with the forward arms. The rear maxes out at about 30" at full compression at stock height.
Where'd you get that info? My stock X4 with 28" Carnivores is rubbing on the rear frame on bumps and other people have reported the same. That's why offering front offset a-arms but not rear makes no sense.

You definitely don't want to claim that on your website or you'll have some upset customers.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Where'd you get that info? My stock X4 with 28" Carnivores is rubbing on the rear frame on bumps and other people have reported the same. That's why offering front offset a-arms but not rear makes no sense.

You definitely don't want to claim that on your website or you'll have some upset customers.
I was worried too so I demanded a max tire check, and it measures out at 30" with a hair to spare.

So, a true 30" should fit...and many UTV tires run a little small anyway. Maybe those Carnivores are running bigger than advertised?

·
Registered
2019 X4 SE
48 Posts
I have 28” carnivores and 14” rims on my x4 and they rubbed the paint off the frame on the rear. They are about half wore out and dont rub now. I would buy a full set of offset arms today if you had them😁
Please build rear offset arms.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
658 Posts
Lol!! We don't really use them around here anyway. That's the first thing that comes off when we get a new machine.

:lmao::lmao:
I just wanted to know if it was possible to order them without those mounts. Will save me from having to grind off mounts on a brand new set of arms.

·
Registered
445 Posts
2020 x4 has a longer wheelbase which is due to the rear arms going back an inch. Is the pic above a 2020?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I was worried too so I demanded a max tire check, and it measures out at 30" with a hair to spare.

So, a true 30" should fit...and many UTV tires run a little small anyway. Maybe those Carnivores are running bigger than advertised?
What year is the X4 you're checking? Mine is a '19 and the Carnivores measure 28.25" at 12 psi. There are rub marks on my frame, the same as several others have reported.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,862 Posts
What year is the X4 you're checking? Mine is a '19 and the Carnivores measure 28.25" at 12 psi. There are rub marks on my frame, the same as several others have reported.
Agreed. There is no way in hell you are getting 30's in the rear of the X4. Not without either the 2" Super ATV or the 3.5" Highlifter (which is junk and will bend your shock mounts) lift. If they are saying it will be OK because there is a hair width of space they are CRAZY. That picture is jacked up with no weight at all on it as well as the fact that it doesn't take in to account putting extra weight in the back, ballooning of tires at high speeds, and/or many other factors.

Plus I'm all about bigger tires. If there was any way I could fit 30's under the rear of my X4 without a lift I would have already purchase these arms and had them on the way.........

Just sayin'........

·
Vendor
435 Posts
I just wanted to know if it was possible to order them without those mounts. Will save me from having to grind off mounts on a brand new set of arms.
Nope, they're on there. You can just unhook them without grinding them off... Just for looks?

2020 x4 has a longer wheelbase which is due to the rear arms going back an inch. Is the pic above a 2020?
This was a 2018 X4. We took the spring off the shock and went through the full cycle of travel.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Agreed. There is no way in hell you are getting 30's in the rear of the X4. Not without either the 2" Super ATV or the 3.5" Highlifter (which is junk and will bend your shock mounts) lift. If they are saying it will be OK because there is a hair width of space they are CRAZY. That picture is jacked up with no weight at all on it as well as the fact that it doesn't take in to account putting extra weight in the back, ballooning of tires at high speeds, and/or many other factors.
Plus I'm all about bigger tires. If there was any way I could fit 30's under the rear of my X4 without a lift I would have already purchase these arms and had them on the way.........
Just sayin'........
The weight wouldn't matter because this measurement is taken with the spring removed and fully compressed. We measured all along the cycle of travel.

Now...ballooning of tires may be a factor.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,862 Posts
OK. I so now I am super amazed at the fact that first hand information from people like myself that have owned an X4 for 2 years and are on their 3rd set of tires on it can be dismissed so flagrantly. These are the rub marks from 28's. 30's would wreck the frame. 20180721_204104.jpg

·
Vendor
435 Posts
OK. I so now I am super amazed at the fact that first hand information from people like myself that have owned an X4 for 2 years and are on their 3rd set of tires on it can be dismissed so flagrantly. These are the rub marks from 28's. 30's would wreck the frame.
This is why I'm passing along all of this info. They're finding me a 30" to mount right now.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
30" RT Warrior tire, measures dead on 30". Shock has been removed, and we ratcheted the tire all the way up. Higher than the shock would ever allow.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nope, they're on there. You can just unhook them without grinding them off... Just for looks?

just one less spot for mud to build up. I totally removed the bitch bars. no need to leave them there :) I guess ill have to take the grinder to my new set then !

·
Registered
2019 X4 SE
48 Posts
Still dreaming of rear offset arched a-arms for the 19 X4, any update?

·
Vendor
435 Posts
They're still on the list, but 2020 has been a weird one, and they've been knocked down the list a few times because of just basic manufacturing needs with keeping up with existing stuff. They're still on there though! Just no good eta right now.

·
Registered
2019 X4 SE
48 Posts
They're still on the list, but 2020 has been a weird one, and they've been knocked down the list a few times because of just basic manufacturing needs with keeping up with existing stuff. They're still on there though! Just no good eta right now.
Thank you

·
Registered
445 Posts
Dang. Good to hear. More info would be great. Or if you needed anything let me know. Haha. I have an 18 but installed 2020 rear axles, lower a arm, and had to weld on new outter brackets on the stock upper arms.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts