Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Not looking good to get before Christmas?
Well...here's the thing. Lol! We're hoping to have them done and ready...probably boxed up before Christmas. But...I don't think we'll be able to have the website updated in time to get them up and for sale before Christmas. I'm pushing the teams around to hustle, but the availability on the website may not line up.

·
Vendor
435 Posts
We're hoping to have them live on the website by sometime next week. The one we were using was sold, so we're hoping for another test fitment before throwing them out there. I'm pretty sure they're coming out of powder coating and getting boxed up right now.

On that note...can anyone get me a guaranteed max tire size for the rear tire on a stock X2 vs. a stock X4. Looks like we can go pretty big on the front, but until we can get another X2 and X4 in here I'll be guessing at the max tire in the rear. Pretty sure the X2 can fit a pretty big tire in the rear, so that may not be an issue. Wondering if wheel spacers will also change the max tire size in the rear.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,862 Posts
We're hoping to have them live on the website by sometime next week. The one we were using was sold, so we're hoping for another test fitment before throwing them out there. I'm pretty sure they're coming out of powder coating and getting boxed up right now.

On that note...can anyone get me a guaranteed max tire size for the rear tire on a stock X2 vs. a stock X4. Looks like we can go pretty big on the front, but until we can get another X2 and X4 in here I'll be guessing at the max tire in the rear. Pretty sure the X2 can fit a pretty big tire in the rear, so that may not be an issue. Wondering if wheel spacers will also change the max tire size in the rear.
28" tall is the largest an X4 will take in the rear. With or without spacers. I have ran 2 different brands of 28"s so far and I can tell you first hand that it will even depend on what brand of tire you have to determine if a 28 will rub or not. Due to the fact that the actual tire size varies from brand to brand. Some are true to size, some are oversized and some under. The first set that I ran had some frame rub but the set I currently run have no rubbing issue.

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Vendor
435 Posts
With the arms, we've got it listed for a max of a 30" on the X4 and a 31" on the X2. But....I never got a verified fitment for the rear. So, I'm going to have to get another one in here. Hope we're not limited to a 28" on the X4...

·
Registered
445 Posts
JBS had 30 bighorns on his. Think they run small and he had upgraded springs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,862 Posts
Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
1 Posts
@superatv on portal subject can y'all make a kit for the 6 inch portals. 4 and 6 inch portals parts interchange so y'all make everything to do it just need to make a kit

·
Vendor
435 Posts
Yall happen to test them with portals yet?
NO! Still trying to find another one locally. The one we were using was sold, and nobody has one around here. DYING to get a max tire size with the arms and portals. Really, I just want to see it!

@superatv on portal subject can y'all make a kit for the 6 inch portals. 4 and 6 inch portals parts interchange so y'all make everything to do it just need to make a kit
No word on the 6" portals. I think we're probably waiting to see how well these do with the forward arms, and how well the Wolvie is doing in general when it comes to sales in areas where portals are popular. I'd love to see it, but we have to test the waters with what we have now. It wouldn't be for quite awhile if we did it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
are you going to make a run of these without the reinforced bitch bar mounts ?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,862 Posts
41 - 60 of 95 Posts