Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to extend OEM flares and keep the original look. So I had 1” rubber Water jet cut out to the profile of original flares and bolted them on with longer bolts.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brilliant!!!!

2019 Wolverine X4 County Blue
Rough Country LED LightBar
Yamaha Glass Windshield w/ wiper
Yamaha soft rear window
Superwinch 4000lb

Reactions: Maggot

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With Rubber your limited to 1" thick. I am thinking about fabricating another set out of steel which would allow me to go any width. How wide would be wide enough? My machine is all stock so I would like feedback from guys running bigger tires.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think steel would be excessive. Maybe make it out of perforated plastic. Or solid plastice and drill a bunch of holes to lighten it but still keeping rigidity.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think steel would be excessive. Maybe make it out of perforated plastic. Or solid plastice and drill a bunch of holes to lighten it but still keeping rigidity.
You are right the original design in steeI would be excessive. However I was planning on using 16 Ga sheet metal with inner and outer flanges for mounting. They would actually be lighter than the Rubber ones.

Reactions: Jeronimo

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very cool. Its sad the aftermarket or Yamaha hasn't stepped up to sell wider flares for us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I realize the X2/X4 aftermarket is alittle thin. If I can get this figured out I would make more. I am leaning towards making 2" wide extensions. I miss the Tree Kickers on my R-spec and want to make some of them also. If you noticed the new RMAX1000's have them again

·
Registered
46 Posts
Brilliant. Nice job

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I realize the X2/X4 aftermarket is alittle thin. If I can get this figured out I would make more. I am leaning towards making 2" wide extensions. I miss the Tree Kickers on my R-spec and want to make some of them also. If you noticed the new RMAX1000's have them again
I'd like to see the 2" steel when you are finished. Thx

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts