Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to paint the raised letters on the tailgate and the cargo box lid titanium bronze. Sure would be easier if the tailgate was inside the house in the air conditioning and the masking would be so much easier. The paint (oil based) will take a week to dry outside right now! I took a quick look. Removal does not seem immediately obvious. Any help out would be appreciated.
Harry

·
Registered
113 Posts
Cool project!

Where it hinges to the bed, one side has a notch. You just need to disconnect the cables, rotate it to see the notch, lift it out on the notched side and pull it out of the other side. Should make sense once you see the notch.

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6AE899AD-F78D-4ED9-B144-BBC453204A18.jpg DF3799B8-198A-4DE5-8E35-596F65502B90.jpeg 59724732-F7EC-419F-A452-D34A6C7B93D6.jpeg 0008A05B-F6B3-48F5-9DD8-122BA66D6BCF.jpeg 8B122424-AB5A-44C6-B202-CE73B23D1E81.jpeg
I am pleased! The paint is a good match for the multitude of “titanium bronze” colors on the buggy. Not for touch up. But great for custom touches.
Harry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm thinking of painting the ribs on the cargo box also but afraid it might be too much.. going back and forth...watch think? if I do, no turning back.

Update
Not doing it. Everyone I asked locally thought that would be too much.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
That looks great! I bought some eBay stickers for the raised letters on my tailgate. They look good from 30 feet, not up close. Yours looks much better. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
246 Posts
That looks awesome now I must paint mine red , thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Looks good PA Wolverine Rider. I had vinyl stickers made in blue to put on my Yamaha lettering on the tailgate but they are starting to peel. Paint would have been better.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice work. First thing that came to mind was doing mine in red. Looks like Mad Dog beat me to that one. :culpability:

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Did you clear it also? Looks really nice :bigok:
Thank You!
I did not. This Rust-Oleum product is impressive. I am very pleased with the results.
Been power washed a couple of times since. Staying put!
Harry

·
Premium Member
2020 X2-XTR
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: 1slo_CR and Dan

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm thinking of painting the ribs on the cargo box also but afraid it might be too much.. going back and forth...watch think? if I do, no turning back.

Update
Not doing it. Everyone I asked locally thought that would be too much.
That looks awesome, thanks for the idea. Will have to do mine blue on a rainy day.
P.S. The ribs would not be too much at all. I can see that being the safe answer, but just look at the roll cage, it by no means looks like "too much." Black is just the default, as far as I'm concerned on any of these Special Edition models, the more special colour they add, the better it looks. It usually just boils down to manufacturer cost savings where they draw the line.

Another example would be your springs or a-arms, both would look better in the SE gold, but they drew the line for cost savings... To reiterate my long rant, the ribs would look sweet painted lol.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Agreed, I have thought about painting my A-Arm guards & the tow hook the Yamaha blue. Powdercoating would be best. Just never got around to it.

View attachment 84648

Reactions: Dan
1 - 14 of 14 Posts