Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let my friend use my Wolvy last Sunday, he ended up bashing the front which pushed in the front bumper and prior to that my radiator took a nice hit from something getting wedged in. It really overheated, fan was stuck and I am at about 12hrs any suggestions on where I can get a better radiator and fan set up seems this machine runs hot in stock trim.

Also when did you guys do your first oil change, since I overheated its getting changed asap!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never let your friends ride your stuff, never works out haha
Very true, well I took out the radiator. Anyway going to need a new bumper, the shroud for the lights, roof plastic, and maybe the fan if its dead. Definitely need to do a fluid change.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, def more expensive then a new stock unit. They are correct about the ports for sure, might have to splurge on one. Heat kills

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
thanks, def more expensive then a new stock unit. They are correct about the ports for sure, might have to splurge on one. Heat kills
If you're really interested in one I'd just call them I believe I talked to Garth?? Get their opinion on what they think you would need. Good luck with the repairs hope you had it insured!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have insurance, but for a $150.00 bumper its better to come out of the pocket. Rad is more of a upgrade to solve the heat issue.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My first oil change was at about 12 hours because thats when my sheave and wet clutch slugs went in. Also changed the fluids in the diffs at the same time.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not sure on my hours, but I was about 180 miles when I changed all my fluids.

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
i think it calls for 250 miles? Not sure whatever manual lists for initial oil change

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think it calls for 250 miles? Not sure whatever manual lists for initial oil change
I overheated pretty good, fan wasnt kicking in. Half the coolant was gone in the radiator, def should drop the oil out you think or finish my hours to 20 as normally suggested.

·
Registered
718 Posts
20 hours or 200 miles whatever comes first.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I overheated pretty good, fan wasnt kicking in. Half the coolant was gone in the radiator, def should drop the oil out you think or finish my hours to 20 as normally suggested.
I'm not sure on the specs of the oil as far as what temp its good for but in my opinion oil is cheap.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
This is why I want to install gauges asap.
Did the idiot light come on?
I'd certainly change the oil, even if you use the really good stuff it's cheap compared to a motor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts