Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the start of my build. Here are a few pics of her after I installed a few accessories (Vet Nets, UORP door pockets, and OEM flip-up rear window). I purchased it with the Raceline headlock wheels, 32" Carnivores, and OEM windshield installed.

20210420_123628.jpg

Modifications List

Exterior...
Raceline 14 x 7 Podium beadlocker wheels w/+10mm offset
Maxxis Carnivores (32 x 10.0 R14)
Warn Wireless HUB
Warn Hawse fairlead and synthetic rope
Unique Off Road Products light bar mounts
Unique Off Road Products light pod mounts
UTV Tek side view mirrors
Angled grease fittings

- Protection -
1) Yamaha front glass windshield w/wiper & washer kit
2) Yamaha rear flip-up glass window
3) Yamaha rear brush guard
4) VetNets rear window nets
5) JBS front fender flares
6) Trail Armor A arm guards
7) Unique Off Road Products block off plates

- Lighting -
1) Nilight 42" LED light bar
2) Nilight LED light pods
3) Audak LED rear flood light pods

Interior...
SSV Works Stage 1 & Stage 2 w/8" subwoofer
Dual USB charge port w/battery voltage monitor
Kemimoto LED roll bar mounted dome lights
Unique Off Road Products Milwaukee Packout, 陆 cleat adapters (full set)
Unique Off Road Products door pockets
Seat belt alarm/speed limiter delete plug

Mods left to do...
Install FuzeBlock and wire it up
Replace wire winch cable w/synthetic rope & Hawse fairlead

Potential future upgrades/mods...
1) Weller Racing ECU flash
2) Hunterworks exhaust tip
3) 4 Point harnesses all around
4) Yamaha front brush guard or third party bull bar
5) Spare tire mount

- updated 5/13/21
(more photos to come!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OEM Rear Flip-Up Window

This was a fairly straight forward and easy install, but I did need help to initially mount the window to the ROPS. So wife to the rescue! She held the window in place while I buttoned it down to the machine.

20210418_150848.jpg

The big hiccup came next. There is a single #6 bolt that fastens the top of the window frame to the ROPS. Well, when the instructions said to thread it in, I didn't know I'd have to make a Home Depot run to get a tap.

As you can see in photo above, it looks like it was tapped and may have been filled in when they spray coated this portion of the ROPS. I wanted to bring this up in case anyone else runs into this issue. After re-tapping the hole, the rest of the installation was a breeze.

Overall, I'm really happy with the look and function of this window. I considered the OEM vinyl window and the poly option from SuperATV, but I wanted the ability to open up the back and tailgate while out on the trails.

Premium Member
2021 X2 XT-R 850
Can you expand on the UOP door pockets? I see my doors are ready for something? Photo please?
Harry

Registered
2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
Reactions: Wraith

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
PA_Wolverine_Rider... Here are those pics you requested.

UORP door pockets and JBS fender flares...

I installed the door pockets from Unique Off Road Products and the front fender flares from JBS Performance next.

The door pockets were a cinch. You only need to thread in seven screws on each side, and you're done! The pocket kit includes the hardware with the panels.

** installation note ** Be careful not to overtighten the screws or you will strip out the pre-drilled holes in the doors!

To install the fender flares, I used the stock fender screws to hold the panel even with the inside edge of the fender molding. I drilled through the fender well marked by the pre-drilled holes in the panel. Next, I installed the push rivets (which are included in the kit). I drilled out/riveted the last 2 holes and then tightened up the factory fender bolts. This was a little stressing, cuz I haven't even taken this rig out on a trail yet, and I'm already putting holes in the machine! Oh well, what's 10 more, right? ...and if it saves us from gettin splattered with mud, then it's worth it.

You can find the door pocket kit here and the fender flare kit here

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
On to the next...

SSV Works Door Speaker Kit, Rear Speaker Pod Add-on Kit, and Subwoofer

I finally received my sub after a month of waiting. So I finished installing my SSV Works system. Here are some pics of the head unit and speakers.

The only knock against this kit is the price tag. It's very salty for what it is, and there are many cheaper options out there that produce sound just as good or better. However, for me, this sounds as good as most aftermarket options and has the OEM fit and look to it. I'm very happy with this upgrade and would recommend it to anyone willing to drop the coin to get it.

Registered
This is the start of my build. Here are a few pics of her after I installed a few accessories (Vet Nets, UORP door pockets, and OEM flip-up window). I purchased it with the Raceline wheels, 32" Carnivores, and OEM windshield installed.

View attachment 94459

View attachment 94460

View attachment 94462
This is the start of my build. Here are a few pics of her after I installed a few accessories (Vet Nets, UORP door pockets, and OEM flip-up window). I purchased it with the Raceline wheels, 32" Carnivores, and OEM windshield installed.

View attachment 94459

View attachment 94460

View attachment 94462
Nice I鈥檓 looking to add the OEM back glass too, those wheels are awesome!

Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
PA_Wolverine_Rider... Here are those pics you requested.

UORP door pockets and JBS fender flares...

I installed the door pockets from Unique Off Road Products and the front fender flares from JBS Performance next.

The door pockets were a cinch. It was only seven screws on each side, and done! The pocket kit includes the hardware with the panels.
** installation note ** Be careful not to overtighten the screws or you will strip out the pre-drilled holes in the doors!

View attachment 94482

View attachment 94479

View attachment 94483

To install the fender flares, I used the stock fender screws to hold the panel even with the inside edge of the fender molding. I drilled through the fender well marked by the pre-drilled holes in the panel. Next, I installed the push rivets (which are included in the kit). I drilled out/riveted the last 2 holes and then tightened up the factory fender bolts. This was a little stressing, cuz I haven't even taken this rig out on a trail yet, and I'm already putting holes in the machine! Oh well, what's 10 more, right? ...and if it saves us from gettin splattered with mud, then it's worth it.

View attachment 94480

View attachment 94481

You can find the door pocket kit here and the fender flare kit here
The door pockets are awesome, I installed a set on mine already and they have come in real handy already !

Reactions: Wraith

Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
OEM Rear Flip-Up Window

This was a fairly straight forward and easy install, but I did need help to initially mount the window to the ROPS. So wife to the rescue! She helped hold the window in place while I threaded in a couple bolts to fasten it in place for the rest of the install.

View attachment 94463

The big hiccup came next. There is a single #6 bolt that fastens the top of the window frame to the ROPS. Well, when the instructions said to thread it in, I didn't know I'd have to make a Home Depot run to get a tool to tap the hole.

View attachment 94471

As you can see in photo above, it looks like it was tapped and may have been filled in when they spray coated this portion of the ROPS. I wanted to bring this up in case anyone else is thinking about installing this window and runs into the same issue. After re-tapping the hole, the rest of the installation was a breeze.

View attachment 94472

View attachment 94473

Overall, I'm really happy with the look and function of this window. I considered the OEM vinyl window and the poly option from SuperATV, but I wanted the ability to open up the back and tailgate while out on the trails.
You was able to install that without the full enclosure ? I tried buying that rear window but was told without full enclosure it wouldn't work hmm:unsure:

Premium Member
2021 RMAX4 XTR
You was able to install that without the full enclosure ? I tried buying that rear window but was told without full enclosure it wouldn't work hmm:unsure:
Looks like its on my list now !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Seat Belt Buzzer/Speed Limiter Delete

I had time to sneak in another quick mod last night. I meant to do this on my old Wolvie, but I just kept putting it off. The annoying belt buzzer is really only a problem for short rides around the yard, because we are always buckled in for trail rides.

It's a simple mod to do. Remove the compartment cover under the driver's seat (3 fender screws and 2 threaded plastic rivets), unplug the wire to the driver's seat belt, plug in the shorted plug, and reinstall the compartment cover ...easy peazy! As others have said, you can also accomplish this without the shorted plug for less $. All you need is to wedge and secure a short wire to bridge the left and right side of the female plug.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Warn Wireless HUB

I finally had a chance to wrap up the wiring last night. So here's a pic of the Hub location and harness after I finished tying down the power lead.

This thing is pretty sweet in that it uses a bluetooth connection thru your Apple or Android mobile device and the Warn HUB app to remotely control your winch from a safe distance. The web site says you can use this up to 100 feet away, but I haven't confirmed that.

I was worried that I would lose the ability to use the rocker switch in the cab, but the harness comes with piggyback spades to keep the switch connected.

This was one of the simplest installs I've done (aside from installing the door pockets), and I'd recommend it to anyone thinking about installing a remote winch control.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Trail Armor A Arm Guards & Angled Grease Fittings

I finally got my Trail Armor A Arm Guards installed. I applied anti-seize to all the bolts before the installation.

Before I installed the rear set, I replaced the OEM grease fittings with a set of angled fittings.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
UORP Milwaukee Packout Cleats

Since some of the other projects are delayed, I went ahead and installed the Milwaukee Packout cleats I purchased from Unique Off Road Products. I thought I had purchased the entire set, but then they released a cleat that installs between the rear set to completely maximize the available empty space.

One complaint about using this solution is the price of the Milwaukee Packout product line. The price of admission is steep, but I believe you do get what you pay for. Another a small complaint I have is that boxes mounted in the rear cleats cannot be opened without some serious rubbing. The third photo shows where the lid hits while the box is locked into the cleat. The last photo shows that you can open the box, but the seat pushes against the lid such that it warps the box edges while opened. This is due to the angle of the rear seat backs. The counter to this is that the Packout products are extremely easy to release from the cleat. You just push up on the release button and slide the box/cooler to disengage it from the cleat ...easy peazy!

In summary, this is a fantastic system to maximize the storage space in the RMAX4 and X4, and I鈥檓 really happy with my investment. Check out Massive鈥檚 video on his setup. He has the full cleat set installed in his rig and does a great job of showing off it's functionality.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts