Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost committed to buying the new Wolverine (currently riding an '07 Wolvy 450 quad) so both wifey and I can enjoy the trails together. We've test ridden one recently and I loved it but wifey didn't like the seats with no side 'bolsters' to stop your body from shifting around sideways. It's a fair point as she'll probably be riding in the passenger seat most of the time so is there any seating upgrade available for the Wolverine? We're now considering other makes like Can-am Commander because they have great seats but I'd prefer to stay with Yamaha. I like the look of the seats in the YXZ1000R but I can't find any information on spare parts for them as yet. Is there an after market seat available that I could get so the wife is comfortable and I can stay with Yamaha?

·
Registered
211 Posts
There are tons of options.

You can buy them from somebody like rocky mountain.
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1025/43156/Beard-Torque-Seat?term=seats

If you go on eBay, you can search for racing seats and there are tons of different seats for cheap.
X2 Pair Reclinable Left Right Black PVC Leather Red Stitch Bucket Racing Seat | eBay

Or if you wait about 4-6 weeks, the parts diagrams for the YXZ will be posted online at sites that sell Yamaha OEM parts. You will be able to price them out.

The built in bolster does not work? You may have to cut it off it you go with a different seat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Been all over the Rocky Mountains with my wife and she has never had any issues being scared of falling out.
Loves the comfort of the Wolvie and the safety of the side by side. Bet you can find something that helps her feel safe

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I'm almost committed to buying the new Wolverine (currently riding an '07 Wolvy 450 quad) so both wifey and I can enjoy the trails together. We've test ridden one recently and I loved it but wifey didn't like the seats with no side 'bolsters' to stop your body from shifting around sideways. It's a fair point as she'll probably be riding in the passenger seat most of the time so is there any seating upgrade available for the Wolverine? We're now considering other makes like Can-am Commander because they have great seats but I'd prefer to stay with Yamaha. I like the look of the seats in the YXZ1000R but I can't find any information on spare parts for them as yet. Is there an after market seat available that I could get so the wife is comfortable and I can stay with Yamaha?
Well I hardly think seat bolsters warrants looking at other machines...but regardless the wolverine has seat bolsters already, and they do a pretty damn good job. My wife has no complaints when riding shotgun, and I drive it like I stole it...If you really must go aftermarket, I would recommend just replacing the seat back with one from a custom shop, so as not to lose the accessibility of the removable seat bottom. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I hardly think seat bolsters warrants looking at other machines...but regardless the wolverine has seat bolsters already, and they do a pretty damn good job. My wife has no complaints when riding shotgun, and I drive it like I stole it...If you really must go aftermarket, I would recommend just replacing the seat back with one from a custom shop, so as not to lose the accessibility of the removable seat bottom. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, as I value your collective experiences. Thinking of a 4-point harness as per another thread on this site as that'd keep wifey secured to the seat in rough conditions. I might need some additional bar work to attach the top mounts. (Quadzrule)

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
I'm wondering if the YXZ seat and slider will fit. Probably not but maybe could pick some up cheap with people upgrading seats out of them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think someone on here posted pics of installing seat sliders. FordTruckMan maybe?...

Edit: check page 11 in the general discussion board. He showed pic of what he did. I'm not sure how to link and I've had a few too many to try and figure it out now lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts