Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave the Wolverine a workout this week!
It never knew the deer was back there, I used the sled as there is no way I could get the buck in the box alone.
Let's see some more hunting shots on here gents! I can't be the only rider that hunts.
I will start although not the best shots.
Wood Organism Fawn Terrestrial animal Tail
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
311 Posts
I didn't shoot it , and It was my YAMAHA Grizzly that yanked it out.. 3 hrs , pouring rain , and one creek crossing that had NO BOTTOM.

On a work night of course...

Lots of winching ,and we got it to my buddies truck.

Tire Plant Wheel Automotive tire Tread

He Definitely owes me some venison sausage !
Deer Elk Fawn Reindeer Tree

He shot it with a crossbow.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh nice,
Dandy buck!

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,609 Posts
This one came straight at me on a dead run, made a once in a lifetime snap shot on him, at about 65 yards with my 1950's lever action 30-30, right in the mouth! Craziest shot I've ever seen or made, not a mark on him anywhere but the mouth. I guess it makes sense though, the last elk I got I had to shoot him right in the butt hole, and literally not a mark on him at all. Not the preferred shot, but it was all I had.

Then my tractor wouldn't start to hang him up, so had to winch him up in my Rmax shed. The grandson now thinks I am a mighty hunter, and the best shot in the world, LOL

This rifle below is my re barreled Mauser in 25-06 with a 1000 yard scope.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

Plant People in nature Fawn Grass Grassland

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grass Vehicle

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Wood Gas

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one came straight at me on a dead run, made a once in a lifetime snap shot on him, at about 65 yards with my 1950's lever action 30-30, right in the mouth! Craziest shot I've ever seen or made, not a mark on him anywhere but the mouth. I guess it makes sense though, the last elk I got I had to shoot him right in the butt hole, and literally not a mark on him at all. Not the preferred shot, but it was all I had.

Then my tractor wouldn't start to hang him up, so had to winch him up in my Rmax shed. The grandson now thinks I am a mighty hunter, and the best shot in the world, LOL

View attachment 98627

View attachment 98630

View attachment 98628

View attachment 98629
Should be some good eating there, congrats!

Reactions: Jimbo

·
Registered
433 Posts
Craziest shot I've ever seen or made, not a mark on him anywhere but the mouth. I guess it makes sense though, the last elk I got I had to shoot him right in the butt hole, and literally not a mark on him at all. Not the preferred shot, but it was all I had.
That's a hunting story your grandson will be telling his grandkids... well done.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!
Never been on a hawg hunt.
First two look big!

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine RMax4 LE
38 Posts
This was taken from the Rmax while helping a friend with his hunt two weekends ago. I spent the weekend running the hills in my Rmax, but didn't get pictures of it out there. I got to put it to the test on some really steep terrain, and I'm impressed. It was a blast.
Plant Plant community Deer Natural landscape Branch
Plant Plant community Ecoregion Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice pic!
Muley's carry impressive racks for sure.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,439 Posts
Here's one from a couple weeks ago of my hunting buddy's X2 while we were in CO. Damn these machines work great!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Plant community

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Plant

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stacked right up!
Nice!

Reactions: Wolvie Hunter

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,439 Posts
I’m going with you next year! Nothing better than camping, hunting, and atv’s.

Com on down! They are incredibly handy for hunting. I originally had a Rhino, then a Wolverine Gen 1, and now my X2. Then a year later they came out with the Rmax...man I wish I would have waited a year and bought the Rmax instead of the X2. But it's still a great machine.

I want to hunt with you...for a Desert Ram! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: DesertRam

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine RMax4 LE
38 Posts
Com on down! They are incredibly handy for hunting. I originally had a Rhino, then a Wolverine Gen 1, and now my X2. Then a year later they came out with the Rmax...man I wish I would have waited a year and bought the Rmax instead of the X2. But it's still a great machine.

I want to hunt with you...for a Desert Ram! 🤣🤣🤣
Come on over! We can be glassing them in within an hour of the house. Sadly I will never be able to get a tag to hunt them, or the monster mule deer to the south!

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,439 Posts
Come on over! We can be glassing them in within an hour of the house. Sadly I will never be able to get a tag to hunt them, or the monster mule deer to the south!
That's cool that you live so close to them.

Why cant' you get a tag? Are they OIL tags and you've already taken both?

·
Registered
2021 Wolverine RMax4 LE
38 Posts
That's cool that you live so close to them.

Why cant' you get a tag? Are they OIL tags and you've already taken both?
They are OIL tags that have such a high point creep, that it would take me 2 liftimes to draw them. My OIL points are going for buffalo right now in Utah, and I'm way behind on the Arizona Units.

Reactions: DLX2

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Wolverine X2
1,439 Posts
They are OIL tags that have such a high point creep, that it would take me 2 liftimes to draw them. My OIL points are going for buffalo right now in Utah, and I'm way behind on the Arizona Units.
Understood. I drew two OIL tags. One was for WY Mountain Goat, and the other was for NM Bull Elk in the famed Valle Vidal. The elk hunt was incredible!!!
Plant Hunting Deer hunting Elk Eye

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Congratulations Wolvie Hunter! Awesome bull!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts