Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the dealership here and will be putting a down payment on Wolverine, trying to get a low monthly payment. I live in Montana.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Didnt know where to post cause of several that meet my picture. Any who, have the chance to purchase a Camo Wolvey with 26 miles on it and a fold down windshield and winch with an also brand new Aluma 86"x 156" trailer for $14500 ( trailer lists for $3200). All most sounds to go to be true. Guy says he went ice fishin with it for the weekend once. Selling cause he bit off more then he can chew cause as his hours were cut at work. I dont buy used off road toys cause I know what they MIGHT have been thur but this thing has such low miles what could go or be wrong with it. One more thing is it that hard to clean out that skid plate thats welded to the bottom, this concerns me a bit, I use it but also go over it before every ride. Would also like a cab but looks next to impossible to make one cause it so large between the roll bar up rights.
Thanks Tom

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
is it camo wolvy rspec? does it have EPS? Abernathy's Yamaha in Tennessee has the base model Realtree for $9794, Realtree rspec for $10694, Realtree rspec EPS for $ 11494. Add windshield for around $400, Winch depends on what kind it is. I paid $50 for my 2500# harbor freight. Brand names can cost much more. How much factory warranty is left? You only get 6 months. I guess it depends how bad you want aluminum trailer. For around 1/2 of the $3200 you can buy a pretty nice little single axle steel trailer.
Not trying to shoot down your deal. You asked for opinions, just throwing out things to think about.

·
November WOTM Winner!
878 Posts
That deal doesn't sound terrible. I think I paid $14,200 for mine after over fenders, the warn winch, taxes and registration. And that was the first one that they got in so I'd expect to pay more because of that. So basically you would be paying the same price with an aluminum trailer. Some models from the dealer have 26 miles on them from people testing them out, so I'd basically say that's new.

My only questions how much of the 6 month warranty is left? And can you purchase the extended warranty as a second owner?

That is as long as its the rspec with eps and not the base model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
is it camo wolvy rspec? does it have EPS? Abernathy's Yamaha in Tennessee has the base model Realtree for $9794, Realtree rspec for $10694, Realtree rspec EPS for $ 11494. Add windshield for around $400, Winch depends on what kind it is. I paid $50 for my 2500# harbor freight. Brand names can cost much more. How much factory warranty is left? You only get 6 months. I guess it depends how bad you want aluminum trailer. For around 1/2 of the $3200 you can buy a pretty nice little single axle steel trailer.
Not trying to shoot down your deal. You asked for opinions, just throwing out things to think about.
Realtree RSpec. Rspec is the power steering model and add Realtree is the most one can buy dollar wise. Now Im not getting your two different lower models. Here its Rspec power steering or not. Is the middle model have different shocks with or without PS or? Geeeeze I been researchin this for some time and now confused. I thought the Rspec was better shocks and power steering the other was just a new born Rhino. As far as a trailer goes Aluma is top end but dont what to get into that, its very nice. Sorry didnt now their were three different ones besides payin for color.
Edit: Not being an awhole but Im not drivin to Tennessee to buy one. If thats the deal you made their thats great but those things dont happen here or most places and that might be prices now but not 6 months ago. Here for $11,500 buys a white one. I do know what the MSRP is and taxes, freight, set up ect might cost but most of that would be history. And as far as the lame or not warranty (some have big issues) why question that here, its suppose to be a great machine why do I need an extended warranty. I have never bought one on anything, its a throw away replacement world now a days. Just wonderin what there goin for in everyone elses area now for a new machine that matches.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Realtree RSpec. Rspec is the power steering model and add Realtree is the most one can buy dollar wise. Now Im not getting your two different lower models. Here its Rspec power steering or not. Is the middle model have different shocks with or without PS or? Geeeeze I been researchin this for some time and now confused. I thought the Rspec was better shocks and power steering the other was just a new born Rhino. As far as a trailer goes Aluma is top end but dont what to get into that, its very nice. Sorry didnt now their were three different ones besides payin for color.
Edit: Not being an awhole but Im not drivin to Tennessee to buy one. If thats the deal you made their thats great but those things dont happen here or most places and that might be prices now but not 6 months ago. Here for $11,500 buys a white one. I do know what the MSRP is and taxes, freight, set up ect might cost but most of that would be history. And as far as the lame or not warranty (some have big issues) why question that here, its suppose to be a great machine why do I need an extended warranty. I have never bought one on anything, its a throw away replacement world now a days. Just wonderin what there goin for in everyone elses area now for a new machine that matches.
There are 3 different Wolverines you can buy
1. Base Model with non adjustable shocks, no roof, tailgate, or mud deflectors, and has low back bucket seats with the head pad on the roll bar (rhino style)
2. R Spec with the fully adjustable suspension and all the goodies
3. R Spec EPS. Same as the R Spec but with EPS.

The vast majority of people on here have the RSpec eps, a few of us have the regular R Spec, and I think I've only seen one poster on here with the base model.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Rspec does not automatically include EPS. Rspec includes better suspension and a roof. EPS is an option on all models except the White SE version.

I specifically said I wasn't shooting down the deal. If a person wants/needs an aluminum trailer it's an ok deal. Every deal is in the eye of the beholder. I have no idea where you are from, I was just pointing out what's possible. To me if one dealer can do it, another should be able to at least get close.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
There are 3 different Wolverines you can buy
1. Base Model with non adjustable shocks, no roof, tailgate, or mud deflectors, and has low back bucket seats with the head pad on the roll bar (rhino style)
2. R Spec with the fully adjustable suspension and all the goodies
3. R Spec EPS. Same as the R Spec but with EPS.

The vast majority of people on here have the RSpec eps, a few of us have the regular R Spec, and I think I've only seen one poster on here with the base model.
Very well said except you forgot the 4th version which is the Alpine White SE model that add OEM aluminum rims to the R Spec EPS version.

The camo can be purchased at an additional cost to all 3 of the versions Mimeek listed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im not new to this but thought I knew what I was doing .Spent plenty of time researching Yamahas Wolverine specs did I miss something. Steer me in the right direction for these different models that I thought I had down, and to keep it simple keep it at a Camo R spec price and I will take into consideration what state you live in. R Spec means PS and better shocks? Regular Wolvey here list around $9900 Blue or Green with roof no PS and cheaper shocks. I have never come across one with out a roof and have never heard of one without one on Yami site. I thought that was standard on all regardless. Most of this has nothing to do with what Im lookin at but am interested in these few other models that you now brought up that I have never heard of. Thanks

·
Banned
420 Posts
Base model does not have high back seats. I think they are the old rhino seats.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts