Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 668 Posts

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to break in my steel blue today. I love this thing more and more. My cousin has a green Wolvie with a high lifter 3 1/2".

·
Engineer
1,775 Posts
Finally got a chance to break in my steel blue today. I love this thing more and more. My cousin has a green Wolvie with a high lifter 3 1/2".

Your cousin might be needing a little more tire for that

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your cousin might be needing a little more tire for that
Haha just waiting on them to get here. I think he went with 28" mid lites.

Have you changed the headlights
Changed the bulbs to some osram bulbs. Definitely a lot brighter. Just keeping an eye on the lens just to make sure it doesn't get too hot. Had them on for about 4 hours total last night and no issues.

Reactions: atkbike

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what's it's all about! Family, friends and riding. Thanks for sharing, great pics. Enjoy your Wolvie!

Absolutely! My cousin and I raced dirt bikes for years but injuries forced me out of the sport a few years ago after a pretty substantial head injury. Now that I'm getting older and things are turning more family oriented the wolverine is perfect for my fiancé and I. She loves going out riding but the quad was fairly cramped for a full days ride.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Nice pictures, we love to visit the Portland area(have always flown), and have talked about taking a road trip and bring the Wolverine and ride the dunes and trails.
But, so many trails, so little time. Would also like to ride HM trails, Black Hills, Tennessee trails, Arizona Trails, Rubicon, Snowy Range, and many others! I'm sure there are great places to see in most states, just need to retire and get busy. P1060324.JPG

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pictures, we love to visit the Portland area(have always flown), and have talked about taking a road trip and bring the Wolverine and ride the dunes and trails.
But, so many trails, so little time. Would also like to ride HM trails, Black Hills, Tennessee trails, Arizona Trails, Rubicon, Snowy Range, and many others! I'm sure there are great places to see in most states, just need to retire and get busy. View attachment 19369

Your landscape is quite a bit different than us east coast guys!

Reactions: Doc T

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I'm in Colorado, this is a pic from Moab earlier this spring, waiting for the snow to melt so I can get to the high country.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in Colorado, this is a pic from Moab earlier this spring, waiting for the snow to melt so I can get to the high country.
I'd love to travel out west and hit up some of the state parks. Our winter wasn't too bad here. Usually we get hammered with snow. Had two pretty significant snows and that was it.

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went out for a another ride today. Was a little wet today. Had the Wolvie in some pretty sketchy off camber sections and climbs. Did extremely well. I did install a 2r tip prior to the ride an did have one sputter issue on a climb that almost didn't end well. Seemed like after a mile or two it was issue free with an occasional deaccel pop. I'm going to give it one more ride to decide if I want to keep it on or not.

Found a nice natural waterfall

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Found an atv club

Found a local atv club and they were having a small event Sunday. It was open to the public so I went to see what the trail system was like. What a great bunch of people with a 2500 acre play ground with 60 miles of trails. I will be joining this club at the next meeting at the end of the month.

Attachments

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome views! What state?

·
September WOTM Winner!
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New York...That's why it's so important to find a good club. The state isn't utv friendly at all.
Lol you guys aren't very anything fun friendly.

1 - 20 of 668 Posts