• 2 Inch Lift

Votes: 28 77.8%
  • 3 Inch Lift

Votes: 8 22.2%
141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
PERFEX Industries ORDER #1158, supposed to be the first batch stainless!

I’ll have to contact you on FB for the 10% code or I may just not bother. Thanks for the lift!

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
658 Posts
Once covered in mud it wont really matter what colour it is....lol...

All that matters is I got to add another MOD to my Signature Block

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,636 Posts
Okay everybody. Perfex just replied back to me on FB about the 1.5" option not working on the models with so called basic suspension. It is all X4's, with OEM shocks anyway. They all have the same OEM self leveling rear shocks from the factory. No matter what year or model. The fronts are different on the XT-R models but not the rears. They posted this on FB.

You can see in that last post he said that it will work with all R-Spec, SE, and XT-R models. This must be for X2 models only. Because the X4 models are the only ones that have the rear shocks shown in the picture they posted.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,636 Posts
I am totally bummed right now. And I think I should have waited for the 3in lift. I wanted more lift in the front than the rear. When you put the same size tires all the way around on the X4. It feels like you kind of slope downward in the seat. This is because stock the rear tires are smaller than the front in actual size even though they say they are all 26 inch. I didn't want to go 3 in in the front that is why I was so excited when they said the two inch lift would have that 1.5 inch rear option. I know this mistake was made because all of the testing and fitment was done on the X2 model. They didn't take into consideration that all of the X4 models have the same rear shocks. The X2 models come with the adjustable shocks on the R-Spec and XTR models but the base model's I don't think have the adjustable KYB's on the X2. This is where the mistake was made assuming the X4 models were the same way. But the X4 models all have the non-adjustable self-leveling rear shocks no matter what the model.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Oh dude, just contact them. They will cancel your order and you can wait. Sorry you’re bummed but it’s a tall order to get anyone to make anything for our machines.

It’s important that you made other X4 owners aware - but let’s support the vendor and encourage positive change. It’s probably a small shop without a huge budget and China virus going on.

Again, I’m sure you’re disappointed.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am totally bummed right now. And I think I should have waited for the 3in lift. I wanted more lift in the front than the rear. When you put the same size tires all the way around on the X4. It feels like you kind of slope downward in the seat. This is because stock the rear tires are smaller than the front in actual size even though they say they are all 26 inch. I didn't want to go 3 in in the front that is why I was so excited when they said the two inch lift would have that 1.5 inch rear option. I know this mistake was made because all of the testing and fitment was done on the X2 model. They didn't take into consideration that all of the X4 models have the same rear shocks. The X2 models come with the adjustable shocks on the R-Spec and XTR models but the base model's I don't think have the adjustable KYB's on the X2. This is where the mistake was made assuming the X4 models were the same way. But the X4 models all have the non-adjustable self-leveling rear shocks no matter what the model.
I thought it didn't matter but with stock rear x4 shocks you could only use the softer rear holes. Maybe i miss read.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,636 Posts
Oh dude, just contact them. They will cancel your order and you can wait. Sorry you’re bummed but it’s a tall order to get anyone to make anything for our machines.

It’s important that you made other X4 owners aware - but let’s support the vendor and encourage positive change. It’s probably a small shop without a huge budget and China virus going on.

Again, I’m sure you’re disappointed.
Im good. I've been talking to Fred at perfex on Facebook about the issue. He's working on it. I'm still going to try the full 2 inch all the way around. I'm not excited about the thought of the ride stiffening in the rear. Having more lift in the front than the rear was what I wanted but the ride staying soft in the rear with a 1.5 inch was a total bonus to me. If the ride stiffens up too much in the rear I may just sell the lift off on eBay or something. If not I may contact Fred later on and see about getting the 3-inch for the front to level her out. I am tired of my tires rubbing the frame in the rear with my 28's though. So I'm willing to experiment.

Reactions: Paul65 and Duckmans

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,636 Posts
I guess I had them flipped. Where are you located? I want just the rear lift to be stiffer. I have the highlifter lift on my rear and it makes it softer.

I'm in Utah. But definitely going to stick with the perfex lift if I run a lift at all. If I get rid of it Ill let you know though.

Reactions: Duckmans

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm in Utah. But definitely going to stick with the perfex lift if I run a lift at all. If I get rid of it Ill let you know though.
Gotcha. I'm in Georgia. I put my rear swaybar back on which made the ride worse. So bad I discounted it back at camp. Would rather get the stiff perfex rear and take the bar back off. You might want to give that a try.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,636 Posts
Gotcha. I'm in Georgia. I put my rear swaybar back on which made the ride worse. So bad I discounted it back at camp. Would rather get the stiff perfex rear and take the bar back off. You might want to give that a try.

I've thought about it. But I've been happy with the way the ride is with the stock height eith no lift. I do a lot of high-speed riding though. And don't know if removing the sway bar would be wise. I'm going to Tinker though

Reactions: Duckmans

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, I totally understand your disappointment... I will find a way to fix this problem for you. Sorry mens, this is my bad! I was sure that all the X4 had gaz shock too... I will definitely work harder for you and find a way to fix this. As soon this will be done I will post you a link and I will send you the modified rear bracket at my fees (with a little fees to pay shipping but not a big deal). Let me know if this option is good for you guys.

Thanks for your support! And no, we are maybe not the biggest company with the biggest budget, but we are passionate and we love our products and our job, and I will always do anything to make the better product that I can. I will always take the time to upgrade a product if it's necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
I told the wife that I wouldn't buy anything for the buggy until I remodeled the master bathroom, but damnitman....lol
Are these on back order now ?

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Oh I don't know. Found out the wifi went out when I tried to order and that's why it didn't go through.
Gonna have to try again later.... when it's safe to purchase.....lol

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
2,636 Posts
Holy shit, sold out allready. thats insane.
There were only 20 kits available in this first run. The next ones will be the black powder coated steel versions and they said that they will be available in about 3 weeks. Also the information and link to purchase the lift what's posted on Facebook in the Wolverine Nation group so lots of people saw it.

Reactions: atkbike and Paul65
141 - 160 of 193 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.