Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Wolverine looks to be 10.6'' wider then the RZR 570 so it's not truly a trail only machine. The extra width will give a lot more stability and utility, but after reading a bit more I don't think the Wolverine and RZR 570 are in the same category.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Polaris had lots of engine failures on the 570. Broken rods, broken valve springs, leaking air box problems, lots of other problems. Low ground clearance and shock spring sag. Its a 50 inch trail model. I installed spring spacers and 2 inch wheel spacers. It has 45 hp and the Wolverine has over 58 hp. If you ride the 50 inch trails your choice in the 570, Trail Cat 700, or the Honda Pioneer 500. I have a Pioneer 500 for the 50 inch trails and yup its slow but still fun.

·
Banned
504 Posts
I have a 570, I know what you're saying. Where are you getting the hp number for the Wolverine?

Polaris had lots of engine failures on the 570. Broken rods, broken valve springs, leaking air box problems, lots of other problems. Low ground clearance and shock spring sag. Its a 50 inch trail model. I installed spring spacers and 2 inch wheel spacers. It has 45 hp and the Wolverine has over 58 hp. If you ride the 50 inch trails your choice in the 570, Trail Cat 700, or the Honda Pioneer 500. I have a Pioneer 500 for the 50 inch trails and yup its slow but still fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeah I don't think Yamaha has released official hp numbers for the Wolverine? If you found them somewhere Bob please let us know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The Teryx 800 has 57 hp and a 7,800 rpm red line. I think Yamaha said in one of their videos they had more power. Not sure but the Teryx has loads of bottom torque and it looks like the Yamaha beat it in a drag race. The wolverine is about 250 pounds lighter but running with a 800 V-Twin Teryx is pretty good. Its not a true 800 but more then their 750.

·
Banned
504 Posts
All I have seen is that Yamaha has a video of the Wolverine closely beating a Teryx in a standing start drag race. I have not seen a claim of more hp. I have driven a Teryx, they are well built but more utility than trail oriented. I think the Teryx 800 is 783cc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2012 RZR 570 and it has been a really good machine. It has over 4000kms (about 2500 miles) and the only issue was a seat belt retractor that failed after encountering some mud. Of course we don't beat on it and we are very meticulous with our maintenance. Yes, I said "we". Mrs. RayZer loves four wheeling as much as i do! The only thing I could say would improve it would be a better suspension and more cargo capacity as we have a lot of things that we like to pack along for a day on the trails. The Wolverine seems to provide a solution for both those issues. What else makes the Wolverine interesting for me, is I used to work at a Polaris dealership. Last year I got a better offer from a Yamaha dealer, so of course I'm quite excited to see this new side by side in person. I figure if I'm going to make a move, why not go all out?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts