Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just making a thread to see some people testing new parts when they get them. Nothing specific.. it's just for fun :D

Here's the hill climb test spot in my back yard :D Have it in 4wd low no diff lock and it's spinning all 4 really well. First time up front end was very light and could only see sky. I chose to let off a hair at the top for these.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Some real climbing. A double black diamond at CAW. Gets real nasty with big ruts up at the top.. was watching a Maverick do the 3 tire fire and hop at the top. Then winch it's way along.

Looks like a normal trail right?
0705151354a.jpg

Umm.. not so much.
0705151354.jpg

From a little farther back :D
0705151358.jpg

Down not so bad, going other way I only when about 1/4 way up, looking back telling wife no way I'm going farther:D

0705151352d.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An acceleration video I did a few weeks ago. This is stock tires/motor and just the HW sheave kit.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Another speed test with the powercommander installed. Had to put stock tires back on since I'm waiting on the replacement Mega Mayhem.
So what do you think of the power commander. Is it worth the money? I'm thinking about getting one in the future. Is it similar to a cdi box, I'm nor very familiar with something like the power commander and what it does. I know what the cdi boxes do on the rhino but I haven't seen anything available for the wolverine.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't notice much besides it goes up to 61 now. Mainly got it in anticipation of getting an aftermarket exhaust and I don't really care for the available fuel controllers. They don't raise the rev limit or control ignition advance. Plus the powercommander V has where you can put in a wideband O2 sensor and autotune module to tune the airfuel ratio with. Can also switch between 2 maps. This is a nice feature. I can have a summer and a winter tune. A/F is really different from 40 degree weather to 100 degree weather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts