Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any steering wheels out there yet? I went to the dealer and looked at a YXZ1000R and loved the steering wheel on it which got me to wondering if it is the same as a Wolverine (Deeyoh) I know you have both and didn't know if you'd tried to swap them. I hate the plastic steering wheel on this thing and i'm getting desperate to find or make something that will fit. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
113 Posts
Weller Racing & Dragonfire will have an adapter in a couple of wks to install an aftermarket wheel(Grant,etc).Was told the shaft is the same on a 2016 YXZ,Wolverine& Viking,so the wheels will interchange.Already checked on a YXZ wheel from Yamaha,alittle over $100,but on backorder till the end of Feb.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yep, same shaft diameter. Gonna switch mine out with the YXZ wheel at some point. I really like the YXZ steering wheel and the whole guage pod.

Oh the bottom seat cushions fit on both too. I haven't tried the backs yet but the passenger side YXZ uses the same 4 bolt setup. May be able to get 2 passenger side complete seats in there :D

IMG_20151203_185336_501.jpg IMG_20151203_185348_658.jpg

·
Registered
718 Posts
Babbitts has the YXZ Wheel for $70. Are the actual steering wheel diameters the same on both as well?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Changing the motor and transmission oil in the YXZ right now so have it apart. Oh BTW they use the same oil filter as the Wolverine. :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nice. I had been thinking of doing a swap for a while too. I don't like the hard wheel, plus mine has 2 nice little gouges in it that came from the dealer.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I don't know if you have ever bought anything from Babbitts, but I have had great luck with cheapcycleparts,,,,,, Babbitts,,,,,not so great.

$71.40 here.

2016 Yamaha EPS SPECIAL EDITION (YXZ10YPSGY) Steering | Cheap Cycle Parts
I've bought from them twice with no issues. Ordered a new oil cooler for my dads rhino and then new lug studs for my Honda. First place I'll check is my local shop first though. Friend works the parts counter and he hooks me up when he can.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys the info was great, I'm probably going to order the YXZ wheel I really liked it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well before I order one, Deeyoh did you actually install it and its a for sure will work?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Smith89, no I haven't tried the backrest but I'll try it this evening. Looks like the reclining of the YXZ's is all in the floorboard and not the bracket itself. Just looking it over it appeared to be the same backrest setup.

No, I didn't actually swap the steering wheels.. just measuring taped it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Spoke with Yamaha dealer today,there are 5 parts needed-wheel,cover,cap& 2 nut springs.The wheel is on backorder till Feb 10th.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Seat backs don't fit. The Wolverine bolt tabs are on the outside and the YXZ's are on the inside. The side bolsters are a bit shorter also on the YXZ.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 2011 - 2013 Rhino uses the same steering wheel as the Viking and Wolverine... so what's different that requires a new adapter?

·
Registered
25 Posts
To reiterate, the 2016 Viking and Wolverine have the same steering wheel as the 2011 and newer Rhino (the shaft changed in 09)... so if the 2016 YXZ wheel fits the Wolverine, then there should already be adapters and steering wheels from the late model Rhinos.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Checked the part #s for Late model Rhino, Wolverine and Viking on cheapcycleparts, They are the same. A 2011-2013 Rhino has the same spline on the steering shaft.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts